5.2: Call Me A Menace

𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐞

𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐞

━━━━━━

𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐠𝐨:

     "IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO KNOW?"

"Mr Stark, you cannot be in here–"

"Move! I own the building." Tony stormed into the room, leaving a startled Olivia to jerk up from the medical bed. She signalled the nurses standing guard to let Tony through, and gestured him to take a seat.

Propped herself into a sitting position, Olivia carefully inspected Tony's face for any red flags. One question ran through her mind: did he know?

She decided to play it cool. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, Olivia, don't play coy."

Shit. Her blood ran ice cold at the use of her full name, a rarity unless something dreadful happened. Like if she pushed a prank too far, or when she became an international criminal...

Or when Tony found out her secret. The secret. Olivia was starting to sweat, it was hot in here.

Distaste in his eyes, Tony harshly pointed at the doctor and crossed his arms defensively, "You secretly brought a therapist into the tower and lured me here? What is this, an intervention? Did Pepper set you up to do this?"

Oh. Her heart pumped again, finding the room to be less suffocating. "What's wrong with you? You're looking rather pale."

Superheroes or not. They were all screwed in the brain. Most of them suffered heavily from PTSD, but none dared to speak of it. Afraid that once they opened their mouths, the horrors would never stop. Like a stream of blood, sin, and depravity, enough to feed a village and more.

"I'm fine. And no, this isn't for you. I would never betray you like that." Olivia answered seriously and the tension slipped. Tony rarely got mad at her. Irritated or irked was the maximum, mostly. But certain topics —like his mental health were topics that even she had to tread carefully on.

It was hard to know what Tony Stark was thinking in all his genius-ness. "And, you're an idiot. If this was your intervention, they wouldn't have stopped you at the door. And if you knew I was luring you here, why'd you come?"

An 'o' formed at his mouth, flickering his sight between the guards and the doctor. Maybe there was a part of him that wanted to try this therapy too.

Olivia nodded to the doctor to continue sticking whatever wires she needed to.

The genius rubbed his neck sheepishly and cleared his throat, hesitantly sitting on the loveseat to her right, "Okaaaay. I was wrong! I'm sor–" He cleared his throat again, "Right, this is your intervention? What are you doing again?"