1.9: "TMZ?"

THE EXPLOSION COULD BE FELT FROM MILES

The Avengers stood rooted in pure shock, blood frozen. A Chitauri took this opportunity to tackle a very distracted Natasha to the ground.

Natasha only blinked, all survivor instincts vanished. She should have fought back, but she did nothing. Her saviour came in the form of an arrow, piercing through the abdomen of the alien. Natasha gasped as the lethal arrow tip stopped a finger away from her heart. She sat up and took a loud inhale, snapping out of whatever trance she was in.

"Clint..."

Clint expertly shot a bunch of them while supporting her up. Both SHIELD agents darted to the bridge's edge, stomachs churning at the aftermath of the explosion. The Chitauri spread out towards the pile of debris that hid Olivia.

Clint and Natasha never shot more accurately than now. The corner of Natasha's eyes spotted a sniffling Clint, maybe even a few tears. She roughly nudged him, "Don't. She could be fine for all we know." They caught up to Steve, all sprinting through the fog of the explosion.

Tony Stark, on the other hand, was paralysed, he blinked away the onslaught of tears. Completely not able to function if it wasn't for JARVIS controlling the suit's movement. All his eyes searched for was a mop of dark chocolate hair. When the smoke was finally started to clear, Tony swore his heart stopped beating.

"Sir, I've located Ms. Tyson." JARVIS' voice strung in Tony's ears.

But he wasn't prepared to see this.

"No freaking way."

There in the smoke, Olivia Bailey Tyson stood perfectly fine, not a scratch on her ashen face whatsoever. Her arms were crossed defensively to form a cloud of dark and neon blue that surrounded her, mirroring a shield. The area around her was free from debris or rubble. A crater of rubble etched around the curve of the neon shield.

Natasha and Thor straightened in recognition of the coloured mist. It looked exactly like the one that protected her against the Hulk.

"Oh my god, I'm alive– How am I–" Olivia's chest rapidly heaved up and down, repeating small oh my gods. She knew she couldn't outrun the blast zone from the grenade, so she took a chance.

Hell of a chance.

Olivia dropped her arms, and the shield vanished too, reduced to neon specks in the air. Her legs gave way underneath her.

Tony caught her before the collision to the ground. "I've never been happier to be wrong," he whispered, refusing to let go. She allowed him to support her, and just rested her head on his shoulder. His hard armour, although uncomfortable, made her feel protected, safe.

She was trembling. Or maybe it was Tony, too.

"Wait. Did you know?" Olivia asked, her voice muffled.