2.8: New Alliances

MISSION SUCCESS

MISSION SUCCESS. Her hunt for information with Romanoff was more than she needed. It was a pact that neither women would mention the meetup to anyone.

Olivia's Craiglist's ads were one of her secret webs she used as a spy. It was a test and Natasha passed with flying colours. This confirmed her suspicions, Rumlow lied to her.

Oh, who was she kidding. At this point, her life was a lie.

Natasha suggested her to cut out her tracker in her arm, problem solved. But it wasn't that easy. Natasha tried her best to rehabilitate Olivia's memories by showing her past pictures. Pictures with the Avengers, Stark and Fury.

Her heart paused at the mention of Fury. She couldn't remember much about the man other than the information that Hydra fed her with —a threat. But the hugs and coffee run in the pictures suggested otherwise.

"Hey Fury, I'm heading out. Want anything from Bucks?" Olivia popped her head into Fury's office. The man was hard at work, staring outside the windows as usual.

Fury swivelled his chair around, not prepared for interruptions. He must have let it slide when he realised it was the brunette agent. It was already past 9 pm and she figured he could use an extra caffeine boost.

"Ten ristretto double shots."

She shot a weird look at his request."You're aware that the recommended limit is five right? You could get a heart attack, Nick. I thought you're trying to avoid kicking the bucket, since you said only dumbasses die."

"Council made a rule that I could no longer drink while on the clock. Dumbass rule. Anyway, this is the best alternative. Tastes equally disgusting, put it in a shot glass –I might even think it's whiskey."

Olivia pushed herself off his door, a mischievous glint in her eyes, "Why don't I just make a detour to Cairo's Wine & Liquor to get a little something? What'd you say?"

"I'd say I was never good at following rules," his sarcastic smile sending her encouragement.

She turned on her heel, about to leave, but Fury managed to squeeze one last sentence before she left.

"Try not to get kidnapped by any aliens on the way!"

"Yeah, love you too Nick!"

"Gross. Tell that to Stark."

"For the last time, we are not dating!"