4.3: Don't Worry, It Only Looks Kinky The First Time

"THE AVENGERS' BACK

"THE AVENGERS' BACK."

"Every nerd's wet dream." Carter sounded on the receiving end. "Where to?"

The brunette laid on her bed, relaxed. She was grateful for a small window to rest, her body ached after all the hits it has taken from the previous mission. "Where not? We've been everywhere for raid parties, knocking down every known Hydra bases for the sceptre. No such luck."

It had been two weeks since her first encounter with Steve. Eventful day, it seemed. He made the decision to call in the rest to hunt down the sceptre. From her understanding, Thor has been searching for the sceptre ever since the fall of SHIELD.

They crowded around the living area, waiting on Clint and Natasha's arrival. It was a weird atmosphere, mostly contributed by Steve and Olivia. Neither Tony, Thor or Bruce wanted to say anything. They lounged around quietly, only getting up to brew a fresh pot of coffee.  

Tony would casually throw knowing smirks at the brunette, enjoying the awkward situation unfolding.

When they weren't on missions, they spent the time training. Everyone was kept on the balls of their feet, sparring and doing fight simulations. Overtime, they slowly integrated back as a team.

Seamless.

So did Olivia and Steve. She had enough of Steve constantly tipping on eggshells around her and made the first move, after the fifth silent sparring session.

Seriously, their training sessions were completely silent. Minimal grunting, the first boxing session together, Steve kept his distance and let her win. This pissed her off. The second session wasn't any different. But she promised to change the third one.

Jab, cross, uppercut. "What's the matter, Steve? Lost your edge? I've won for the last two rounds, maybe I should replace you as Captain instead."

She was taken aback by how blue his eyes were. Which made her realise he was even avoiding eye contact all this time.

Jab! A soft punch landed on her left forearm. His face was unreadable, but she still gave a grin.

"It's 'Steve' now?"

"Don't hold back." Her grin grew bigger.

She stayed still, allowing him to deliver a strong jab to her left arm and doubled over in pain. He rushed to her side immediately, eyes round with concern. His coarse hand covered her affected area. "Damn it. I'm sorry."

Close enough, she pouched on him and his unwary self fell over, with Olivia on top and her elbow near his neck. She didn't feel a thing, Steve cushioned the fall.

A strange sequence flash in her head. It was them, in the same position in an old gym. Their first encounter, she guessed. Steve obviously heard her hiss of pain.