5.1: The End of All Things

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

━━━━━━

    "IS THIS WHAT WE ARE, A FAMILY?" Olivia spoke, ignoring the piercing pain throughout her entire body, her words barely a whisper if they weren't paying attention. The grim smile on her face was nothing compared to the coldness in her heart.

Heart, if she still had one after this. A burst of exasperated laughter willingly escaped from her lips, it was the most natural reaction she could muster after looking at all of them. The most ridiculous part of this whole situation was that she loved them all.

Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes.

Pushing herself off the cold ground, bloodied and only breathing with half a life left, she almost flinched when Steve Rogers tried taking a step closer. It didn't go unnoticed, his outreached arms limply dropped by his sides. The thick veil of darkness was lifted off all of them, Olivia Bailey Tyson, Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes, poison seeping through their exteriors.

Once you discovered someone's poison, everything about them becomes ugly.

"If this is your idea of one," A weak finger demonstrated to all of them, around this mess. "I want no part in it."

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫:

"Avengers bonding day!"

It seemed like such a spectacular idea, life-changing, as the three words tipsily rolled out of Olivia's lips. Kneeling on the ground, she drunkenly cheered, her arms raised with all the enthusiasm in her. Her intoxicated state rallied a few comrades into a cheer of equal excitement, opposite the couch, Natasha and Wanda continued to clink glasses.

"Right, Cap. Let's get her to bed before she finds a way to shotgun that vodka bottle."

"Aw! You're not fun, Anthony Stark!"

Tony jerked out of his massage chair, a look of bewilderment on his face that entertained the intoxicated crowd more than it should. "I'm way past fun when you coded Morgan Freeman's voice as FRIDAY's base!"

The piece of revelation incited roaring laughter from everyone. Steve chuckled knowingly, scooped the brunette off the soft carpet to carry her bridal style. Olivia, however, did not go down without a fight, legs and arms kicking in the air to demand her boyfriend to let her down. 'I'm not sleepy!' She whined on deaf ears, not budging in the slightest under Steve's iron-clad grips.

The Avengers continued to laugh harder as Tony furiously complained his predicament earlier, "I had to listen to him analyse flight patterns..."