1.7: "Shit's Hitting The Fan"

THE TWO GREATEST EVILS IN LIFE:  BOILED, TASTELESS CHICKEN AND A CONCUSSION

Yes, she made a conscious effort to understand Steve Rogers thoroughly. And that included his eating habits. If Olivia could focus on that instead of her pounding head– Actually, forget it, the sudden wave of nausea made her regret ever thinking about it.

Legs like jelly, Olivia wobbly stood up with one hand clutched onto her ringing ears. She shouted for Nat then stayed awfully silent in waits of a reply.

Nothing. Or it could just be her ringing ears. The blast sent them down to the lower engine wing, or so she deduced with all the hefty pipes. Her spotting vision made out a shape–

"Nat!" Was a few feet away, her arm pinned by a hefty metal pipe. Natasha was stirring to consciousness.

Bruce exhaled in harsh and uneven breathes. Olivia felt her blood go cold as she witnessed the coming of a Code Green. Every part of her went into overdrive as she tried lifting the pipe to get Natasha out. Yet she failed miserably and fell backwards, black dots filling her vision.

"Olivia... Leave," Natasha groaned at her exasperated expression, "You know the odds look better."

"Consider me blind!" Olivia shouted, not exactly telling a lie—her healing was kicking in rather slow. Raising her arms felt like a thousand ton. Olivia weakly dragged herself to Bruce, "Bruce, I need you to stay calm. We can get through this, please trust me."

Validation, comfort—Olivia remembered that from Bruce's case file. Shakily, she covered Bruce's patchy green fist with hers. Bruce's head shot up at the contact, and he gave a long look. She was making a gamble with her life, but whenever was she not?

Olivia had to show Bruce she wasn't afraid of the Hulk. So he could do the same. This thin thread weighed heavily on her, all the lives that would be lost on this Helicarrier should the Hulk break through.

And her friend would never live with himself. Bruce never asked for this, and she knew exactly how that felt.

Natasha strained, "Doctor... Bruce, you gotta fight it, this is what Loki wants. We will be okay."

The two ladies jumped when Bruce, almost Hulk, slammed his fist against the floor. The loud clang of metal heightening the tension in the room. Something Natasha said had agitated him. "Leave!" He shouted.

She didn't need to be told twice. A surge of adrenaline blessed her as she pry the metal pipe long enough for Natasha to slip out. It rattled loudly when it met the ground, the loud noise further provoking the Hulk.

"Thank you, Liv," Natasha mumbled weakly, leaning against her as they silently weaved through the maze of pipes to avoid the fully transformed Hulk.

"I did it for myself, two funerals in a day?" She passed a small smile, then whispered into her comms, "Code Green everybody, shit's hitting the fan." They snaked along wooden crates tall enough to conceal them, "Thor, any chance you can lend us your godly powers?"