4.1: Oh, God

FIVE MONTHS AGO, Olivia returned to the States

FIVE MONTHS AGO, Olivia returned to the States. It seemed like only yesterday SHIELD collapsed and she was deemed enemy of the state.

The dark web has been a constant explosion of chatters. Since the release of SHIELD and Hydra intelligence, some netizens have already cracked the lower-level files.

Both agencies used varying methods of encryption. Hydra loved binary coding and stashing messages in dummy reports. Meanwhile, SHIELD switches between techniques to ensure maximum security. The higher level files are usually backed up with at least 5 different encryption.

Long story short, to declassify them would be nearly impossible if you didn't know what to look for.

Carter convinced her to start on a new path — acceptance. Which was why, bags in hands, Olivia returned to her house in NYC, trying to integrate her double lives.

"No more running..."

She eyed the exterior walls and pillars of her gated house, heavily vandalised.

"Nazi scum."

"Fuck off!"

She sighed, the public hasn't been inviting towards the ex-assassin. She prayed the remaining Hydra files remained encrypted, there were missions that shouldn't be in the spotlight.

It took Olivia five months before she could gather the courage just to go grocery shopping unmasked. Believe it or not, the whispers and finger-pointing were unnerving. Over time, she grew used to the cold insults and blatant yells. Instead, she channeled her rage into frequent visits to a familiar Brooklyn gym.

But there were people who still instilled hope in her. She sat cross-legged on her couch with a spoonful of mint chocolate ice cream in her mouth, watching a news channel intently.

"Olivia Bailey Tyson is a murderer.
She committed acts of treason.
She killed. Assassinated.
She's a terrorist!"

"She was brainwashed and clearly
not in the right mental state.
Do you know what that does
to somebody over time?"

Clearly, the talk about pardons did not go underway. No amnesty.

There were too many arguments if amnesty for an international 'terrorist' was the right publicity for the president.

Easy. To sum it up: political optics.

The only way she could move back to the States without repercussions was to be signed under the Avengers. Then, she would be considered an asset and not a threat. It was a long process, but it was done.

"Olivia Bailey Tyson, I crown you as... an Avenger!" She shies away from an incoming sprinkle of water – Tony's baptism.

"At least I'm finally getting paid." She rolled her eyes as Tony winked.