3.7: Ragtag Group

AN AFTERNOON NAP WAS ALWAYS PREFERRED, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVEN'T SLEPT FOR A FULL 24 HOURS

Head resting peacefully against Carter's shoulders, the two friends sat in an armoured truck outside one SHIELD's secret bases, nicknamed the Providence while waiting for the Special Forces to reactive the heavy encrypted base entrance.

Like all great things, the heavy whirring of the hanger door ended her otherwise well-deserved nap. Carter elbowed the side of her waist, a smirk at her begrudged grunt. Maria, sitting in the driver's seat, glanced in the mirror.

Olivia threw a small nod to her friends and pushed open the truck door. They quietly followed behind Maria and entered the Providence base. Down the hallway, she heard a familiar voice.

"This is one of the most classified facilities on the planet, Colonel. How the hell did you find it?"

Phil Coulson.

Knowing Phil was actually alive after all this time was, the biggest shock of her life—with all things considered. Mari had revealed that Coulson underwent Project T.A.H.I.T.I. on the way to the Providence base—and her response was perverse. Olivia remembered hearing about T.A.H.I.T.I. in a council meeting. It was the meeting that she walked out of.

The selfish manipulation of alien biology was an unsettling idea to her. Fury hoped that T.A.H.I.T.I. would eventually save a fallen Avenger. It was breed from good intentions, but for an absolutely immoral outcome—it was unethical. Knowing Fury was harder to budge than Everest, she explicitly asked to be excluded from Project T.A.H.I.T.I.

Hearing Phil Coulson's voice made it all real. Once she stepped out behind Maria, the said man finally came into view.

"We told them, Phil." Olivia breathed out, staggered breathing from her incredulity. Her enhanced hearing instantly picked up hushed whispers behind Coulson. Olivia nodded repeatedly, her eyes watery. "I guess nobody stays dead forever huh?"

"I guess not." Phil echoed, a broad smile on his face. He tried a hesitant step, eyebrows raised inquisitively. "If I hug her, will you shoot me?"

Colonel Talbot nodded reluctantly, ordering his soldiers to segregate the rest of Coulson's team for interrogation. Carter tagged along, keeping an eye on the Colonel's team. It was common knowledge that arrested SHIELD agents rarely received fair treatments from the intelligence agencies.

Oh how she missed the famous Phil Coulson hugs. It was like a gateway that could healed a soul, making anyone feel instantly secure. This assignment had unexpectedly brought of reunions. It was a solid tear-jerker moment until a loud smack reverberated in the hallways. She rubbed her head in agony.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, young missy."

Dad mode Phil, activated.