2.6: Blood Brothers

OLIVIA COULDN'T SHAKE THE FEELING LIKE SHE WAS ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING REALLY WRONG

OLIVIA COULDN'T SHAKE THE FEELING LIKE SHE WAS ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING REALLY WRONG. After what Winter told her, her mind never knew peace.

"Look into your birth parents, the real ones."

That statement should have been tossed out of her thoughts immediately. What Winter was insinuating made Olivia borderline irritated, she always knew about his rebellious tendencies, but she never thought he would string her along to turn on Hydra too.

She would never doubt Hydra. They were the ones who raised her, put food in her mouth and a roof over her head. They took care of her, trained her and gave her a purpose. Hydra gave her purpose to crawl out of bed every morning, knowing she was one of the key driving forces behind the fulfilment of their goal.

After Sean and Bellamy were murdered, she blacked out. Waking up, she found herself in a private hospital with Pierce by her side. Even when young, she could sense when a person knew more than he was willing to let on. So she begged, pleaded Pierce to tell her the truth.

Turns out her adoptive parents were assassinated by one of the rivals of Hydra.

SHIELD.

Sean and Bellamy were one of the best scientists and when SHIELD couldn't persuade her parents to join them, they murdered them. In cold blood. They were deemed them too dangerous, the moment when they rejected SHIELD's proposition.

Orphaned by SHIELD, Pierce took her under his wing. The underground compound wasn't a place for a child to be, so he opened his home to her. He practically raised her as his own from the day onwards. He was an excellent parent, always leaping at opportunities to make up for her lost childhood. They did everything a family would do, go to fairs, binge on movies, did Halloween parties together. Pierce was nothing short than what Sean was to her.

Olivia remembered the day she completed her training, the look on his face when he saw all the throwing knives embedded neatly in its targets. She knew being a spy was her calling. She wanted to make him proud, repay him for his kindness. That was why she volunteered to infiltrate SHIELD and gather intel. But it was useless now that they couldn't retrieve her memories back.

Despite all that, for reasons unknown, Winter's statement bugged her throughout their ride to D.C. It wasn't because she had a strain of doubt for Hydra, but the mention of her birth parents made her melt back in the nine years old little girl again. Emotions ran wild, making her feel weak.

Winter was beside her, not a word since he was wiped. From the creases on her forehead, he knew something was bugging her. The playfulness from earlier in the training room was gone. He slid a hand in her's, rendering a tight squeeze.

Olivia hated whenever they were wiped. But it was the only way. Without feelings, they wouldn't feel distracted, weak, powerless. Humans were slaves to their emotions, they are not.