1.6: "Who Taught You How to Steal, Steve?"

NATASHA'S HANDS REPEATEDLY SHOOK OLIVIA AWAKE, ANXIOUSLY WIPING BEADS OF COLD SWEAT OFF HER FOREHEAD

Natasha had just finished interrogating Loki, successfully manipulating the trickster to figure out his plan. She intended to swing by her room to catch up on all the strange events happening ever since. That was when Natasha found Olivia like that.

Face scrunched in distress. Helpless.

From the moment Clint and Natasha met the brunette, they became inseparable. Olivia was a master at masking her emotions, a common trait between the Holy Trinity.

And not to forget their love for alcohol too. A night with one too many tequila shots resulted in a conversation down memory lane that was filled with equally gruesome backstories. It was the first night neither of them felt... alone.

It was refreshing for a spy, back against the entire world, to find solace in company.

Since then, Olivia regarded the two counterparts as her siblings. She found replacements of her family in Tony, Natasha, and Clint.

Olivia jerked awake, panting heavily. Her arms frantically searched for something ground her, "Nat–" She blinked profusely, still short of breath.

"Yes, it's me, I'm here," Natasha brushed away the hair out of Olivia's face. The action helped calm her down, a grounding reminder from a nightmare that seemed so real.

Her outburst made Natasha speechless. Olivia's eyes were swirling with an emotion Natasha pinpointed as fear—which was very much out of character for the brunette agent.

Among rushed breaths and wide eyes, both women shared a pit of nervousness in their stomachs.

"That's– You can control the Tesseract?" Natasha edged out of her seat, shell-shocked.

Olivia merely nodded, fidgeting with the corners of her pillow. "Maybe? When I was babysitting Loki, he told me lots of things. Said my... powers–" Her lips pursed as Natasha strained her perfect eyebrows, "–Yes, powers. I've apparently awakened them, whatever that means."

"Loki is very manipulative, Liv. How sure are you that he is telling the truth?"

"It's hard not to trust him when I've experienced it."

It was obvious from Natasha's puckered forehead that she had a hard time processing this information. There had been a multitude of changes for both women, first Clint was brainwashed, now Olivia was facing an identity crisis.

Who knew? Assassins can go through identity crisis too, Olivia grumbled inwardly.

"You mean when you fainted earlier?" Natasha quirked a brow.

"I didn't faint, I was sucked into a... I don't even know how to explain it. But I saw Loki and Clint, I was with them. They couldn't see or hear me. They were talking about the Stuttgart attack."