5.6: Now or Never

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

━━━━━━

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨:

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER STORM.

This concoction of disasters was getting increasingly hard to tide through.

"We have a problem," a very tensed Tony Stark pulled Olivia away from the catered buffet with much resistance. It soon became apparent she wouldn't go down without a fight from her whines of protest, at which, Tony's grip loosened just enough for Olivia to steal one last delicious eclair before he succeeded.

"Let me guess, you caused it?" She mumbled begrudgingly as they slithered past the swarming crowds of world leaders. The testosterone in this room resembled a locker room full of jocks—wait, did I even attended school? Not many people could brag that they were homeschooled by Hydra, fun.

They were soon joined by Natasha. Olivia cautiously bit in the choux pastry upon a quick examination of Tony's face, "Oh. We have a problem problem."

"I just said that," he sharply retorted, a withering edge in his words that she decided not to mess with. Tony shoved a thick stack of document into her hands—the Sokovia Accords. "Look at Article 215."

Article 215: Full transparency of assets.
Proposed by: United States of America.

"Under the Sokovia Accords, any individuals found withholding information of military or political value will be detained indefinitely without a trial."  

She read it multiple times, just to ensure she wasn't delirious. When the reality of it daunted on them, even Natasha looked a little flustered. Finally, she looked up at Tony, "Tell me your lawyers didn't just find this."

"It was well hidden—they didn't want us to find it. Also to add on, they want to chip us."

"What?" Olivia almost yelled. Suddenly, Carter's warnings returned to haunt her. He was right, they should have triple checked the Accords. "Carter warned me about this, I should have listened."

"Well, don't tell him he's right," Tony mumbled, "We'll have time to bitch about it later but now, we obviously know who this article is for."

"Yeah," Natasha gave her a sideways glance. "For us." 

Olivia ran an exhausted hand over her eyes, "Son of a bitch. They're playing dirty."

"Can you blame them? You two burned through their intelligence on the net, then you mouthed off in Capitol Hill," Upon Natasha's shrug, Tony then turned to Olivia, "And then you signed over to the Avengers before they could persecute you."