3.2: Victory Is Contagious

CARTER EXCITEDLY CLASPED OLIVIA'S SHOULDERS AS THE ELEVATOR CLOSED

A victorious smirk painted his lips, "Another win for the boys!"

"When did I grow a dick?" Olivia mumbled under her breath, trying to juggle his heavy weight as he jumped onto her back. Forcing her to piggyback him to their shared room.

She may have accidentally knocked into a few walls. It was Carter's fault, he should have reconsidered tickling her ears with her ponytail. After a few stumbles and almost a hint of a spine fracture, Carter, still sitting comfortably on her back clumsily tried to tap the keycard to their room.

Tonight, they scratched one more name off the blacklist, effectively crippling the weapons supply for several international divisions of Hydra. Unfortunately for their target, residing in the weapons trading industry did not equate to having bigger balls. He practically squealed when Carter froze his bodyguards.

"I genuinely thought he was gonna go into shock." Carter rambled, missing the slot for the keycard yet again, due his trembling hands from the uncontrollable laughter. Underneath him, Olivia was suffering.

"Open the damn door!"

Olivia instantly threw him off her back once they entered the room. Stretching and crunching her back. Carter pursed his lips and sent her a look, and they burst into laughter. She snorted at the flashbacks. "It was a honest mistake, I didn't mean for the bodyguards to turn into dust...! It was his fault, right?

Olivia nodded, unlacing her shoes. "Stupid bastard fell into them. You saw his face, right?" Carter spaced for a moment, dramatically squeezed a tear from his eyes as he recalled the scene again.

"Oh what a riot."

Within five months, the two of them impressively managed to wipe out eight Hydra known associates. Their work had been vital to crumble Hydra's hold over whatever power they still had.

Sitting crossed-legged on the bed, she packed their luggage while Carter showered. Tomorrow, they would leave for Vegas. Another day, another mission.

Roughly tussling his damp hair with a towel, Carter marveled at her ability to manipulate their clothing in an organised manner into the suitcase using just her powers. "I'm not trying to flirt but, I'm in love with your mind. It is literally powerful."

"Thanks." She scoffed humorously. "You're not so bad, Elsa."

"Um, no, I'm obviously Jack Frost, dude's super cool." He sarcastically answered, still staring at how their clothes folded by its own accords. "Real talk, have you guys considered a career in dry laundry? I can wash them, Thor can dry them, Stark can use his tech to iron them, Cap could probably lift a few tonnes worth of laundry. And you can fold and pack 'em."

He concluded, "We'd be rich."

"Solid retirement plan." She hummed thoughtlessly.

"You don't seem impressive. Fine, give me your powers. I'll be the next Jeff Bezos."