2.5: Only Lies

NATASHA AND STEVE ENDED UP ON SAM WILSON'S PORCH

NATASHA AND STEVE ENDED UP ON SAM WILSON'S PORCH. Defeated and utterly in a state of shock, he kindly allowed them into his house. The duo took a warm shower in hopes of clearing their thoughts.

Olivia Bailey Tyson was Hydra.

'What a big stab in the back, Olivia.' Natasha snorted sarcastically, feeling the steaming hot water travelling down her back, the boiling hot temperature soothing her. That woman was her rock, of all the memories they shared together, Natasha didn't realised one chapter would be about betrayal.

"How long have you fool us for?" Natasha could only question. It was a strange parallel to her past life, that much she realised as she looked at her reflection while drying her hair. She wasn't a fan of it. 

Natasha exited the shower and sat down on the spare bed, buried in her own thoughts. She was so in thought that she didn't bother when a chair squeaked beside her. Steve and Natasha both sat in their seats and listened to the birds chipper away. The air, strangely calm, as if their world wasn't flipped outside down and they did not just escape from an assassination attempt. 

"How are you?" The two clashed.

Natasha raised her eyebrows, gesturing Steve to go first. "I'm fine. All things considered." His fingers circled around his dirtied face of ashes and smoke residue. "We got to get her back. Whatever Hydra's got her on–"

"Steve, have you considered that maybe... She's not on anything." Natasha interrupted. Her defensive tone speaking volume to her reaction towards the revelation.

Natasha was hurt. But she had to keep her head straight. Women were and always would be the most dangerous weapon, that's what she was taught. That was what generations before her was taught.

It was also what the KGB taught, she knew better. Seeing that Natasha Romanoff was a living example of that. 

"If she wanted to hurt us, she would have done so." Steve sighed, maybe trying to reassure himself more than Natasha. Her name hung dangerously in the air, both terrified to use it, perhaps still in a dumb state of denial. "I'm not giving up on her."

Natasha wondered when Steve would get it. That woman was dangerous now, ruthless. That how a person was if they were mixed up with Hydra, no exceptions. Hydra did not allow cracks in their systems, no weaknesses. She could put a bullet in Steve's head before he'd even realised it.

"Natasha..." Steve's voice cracked just a little. His words barely a whisper. "Are we too late?" 

"What did I miss?" Olivia and Rumlow toured around the Hydra compound. He had offered to show her a tour of their new compound, it wasn't impressive, seeing that the compound wasn't grand with glass windows or designed super techy.