Chapter 2 - Meet (Y/n)

Drift opened his eyes and looked around. Behind him was the burger with his mark on it.

He looked around and noticed that he was most definitely NOT in the desert.

He landed on a small hilltop overlooking a city. He put his hands on his hips and sighed, "Where the hell am I?" He rose his arm to run his fingers through his hair when he realized that something was off. His arm looked... cartoony. And smoother than normal.

His eyes went wide as he looked at his body and clothes. His clothes were still the same, it just lost the realistic texture that Earth had back at home.

"What the fuck?!" He started panicking when he heard rustling. He stopped and looked around. There didn't appear to be anyone near him - it was just him and the burger. Suddenly, from behind him, a girl appeared.

"Who are you?" She asked.
Drift turned around quickly and put up his hands in the air. The girl had (h/l) (h/c) hair and was wearing (outfit of your choice). She had her gun raised and was ready to shoot at any given moment.

"M-My name is Drift," he stammered. Drift had never been held at gunpoint before. Though, with all the run-ins he had with the police in the past due to vandalism, he was quite frankly shocked he hadn't been.

"I just got here... I have no idea where here even is," he mumbles.

The girl lowers her gun and it disappears. Drift raises a brow, "How did you-? How did you make it disappear?" Drift asks confusedly.

She chuckles, "I swapped items. Duh," she says. "Geez, you really aren't from around here if that freaks you out.. how did you get here?" she asks him.

"I would tell you, but I have absolutely no clue who you are or if I can trust you," Drift says skeptically.

"Oh!" she laughs, "I'm sorry. I'm (Y/n) (L/n). I'm a part of the Super Star Danger Team," she says.

"That's a pretty name," Drift says. (Y/n) smiles, "Thanks. So, now, where are you from?"
"California," he replies simply. She raised a brow.
"..United States," Drift says. (Y/n) looked slightly skeptical.
"EARTH. I'm from EARTH," Drift says, frustrated. (Y/n) blinked, "You're from Earth..? I thought that place was a myth, wow..." she looks at him in awe.

"Okay... well, where am I?" Drift asks.
"You're in Fortnite. Specifically, Battle Royale Island. The pièce de résistance of the world!" she answers.
"Really? Woah... I thought this place looked familiar, I thought it was just a video game!" Drift exclaims, looking around.
"Video game?" (Y/n) asks.
"...nothing," Drift mumbles.

"Do you have a place to stay?" (Y/n) asks.
Drift shakes his head no.
"Hmm... I could ask Mr. Wick if you could stay with us..." she wonders aloud.
"Who's Mr. Wick?" Drift asks.
"John Wick. He's the leader of the SSDT and was almost the president of the Island. He, Raptor, Carbide, and I are on the team. I'm a newer recruit, though, since I'm only 18..." she says.
"You're only 18?" Drift asks. She nods. "What about you?"
"I'm 19."
She lets out a sigh of relief, "Thank God i'm no longer gonna be the only teenager in the house, then," she smiles.

She opens her mouth to say something again, but stops. She turns around and looks at the Burger beside her, "What the hell.." she murmurs. She squats down and starts to reach for the graffiti, "Hey! Don't touch that, it hasn't finished drying yet!" Drift exclaims. She stops and looks up at him, "You did that?"
Drift nods, "Yeah, please don't mess it up, that's my best work ever."
She shrugs, "It's really good. You're a really good artist, Drift."

She stands back up and puts her hands on her hips. "I'll have to report this back to the DurrrBurger and the SSDT," she says, frowning.
Drift looked panicked, "Wait! I'm not gonna get in trouble, am I?"
"No, no, of course not! Naturally, I would rat out the artist to the police but since you're new and didn't know... I'll let it slide," she smiles.
"Thank you.." Drift sighs, relieved. "Also, what is a.. DurrrBurger?" he asks.
"It's a burger joint. Let's just get to the HQ so we can meet Raptor, Mr. Wick, and Carbide, okay?" she replies.
"Uh, okay. Let's go."

<><><><><>

What do you guys think so far? :)