Chapter 19 - Joining the Dark Side

Before he knew it, it was Wednesday. He had to figure out a way to get to Ragnarok without letting his squadmates know.

Now, it was time for Drift to see Ragnarok. Y/n had invited him to go to Risky to see a movie with the rest of the squad, but he politely declined claiming he was "sick." That was the perfect opportunity to sneak out without anyone knowing.

Drift walked into his room and grabbed his cape and draped it over his shoulders. He grabbed his kitsune mask and put it on, taking one final look at the room before walking outside.

He ran out of the HQ quickly without looking back, afraid that if he did he wouldn't be able to get to Ragnarok. He couldn't risk Y/n's life because he was afraid of joining forces with Ragnarok.

Elsewhere, Y/n's phone buzzed. She grumbled as she took it out, embarrassed that it made a sound during the movie. She looked down and raised a brow, and pressed on the app that allowed her to check the security cameras. She saw that Drift was running outside. Furrowing her brows, she tried to think of a good reason why Drift would claim he was sick then run outside.

She thought for a moment, "Mr. Wick, I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom," she lied. John nodded while taking a handful of his popcorn, "Hurry back, we're just getting to the good bit."

She nodded before rushing out of the theater, opening the computer on her phone.
"Computer, locate Drift," she said into it.
"Locating Drift," the computer replied. It thinks for a moment. "Drift is currently at Viking Village."

She clicked off her phone and put it back in her pocket quickly before dashing off to Viking Village on foot.

.:: Time Skip ::.

Drift reached the top of the mountain, immediately meeting Ragnarok's glowing blue eyes, his crab skull mask never failing to send chills down Drift's spine. He gulped before walking forward.

"Ahh, Drift, I was hoping you'd show up," he smirked, crossing his arms. "I see you've decided to join us, yes?"
Drift stopped for a moment before sighing, "If I join you... what will happen?" He asked.

"You will help him take over this island, eliminating those who stand in our way," Ragnarok began. "he has great plans for this island that he can't do without a host. he has no true body, so you will be his host."

"I didn't agree to that..." Drift mumbled.
"If you don't, I promise you that he will kill Y/n and the SSDT faster than you could blink," Ragnarok grumbled. "You really have no choice, Drift. Serve him or your loved ones die."

Drift remained silent for a moment before sighing heavily, "Okay." Ragnarok grinned, "Okay. I'll... I'll serve him."

Ragnarok chuckled, "Good. Huntress! You know what to do," he said, his voice low and threatening. Huntress appeared from behind Drift, immediately grabbing his wrists and tying them.

Drift gasped before trying to strangle his way out of them, "Hey! What gives? I said I'll join you!"

"This is all apart of the plan, Drift," Ragnarok replied. "Take him away. I have business to attend to." Ragnarok walked away with Drift squirming, trying to get away from Huntress. Huntress brought him back down into the belly of the ship.

At that moment, Y/n had arrived. She looked down from a bush and saw Drift being carried against his will into the belly of the ship. She scrambled for a gun when she realized she didn't have one. She groaned, immediately grabbing her phone to text John for help.

"Drift was kidnapped by Ragnarok. I'm at Viking Village right now. I don't have a weapon, Drift's in trouble and Ragnarok's going to do something big. Send help, quickly"

She hit send before getting up, thinking of a way to get Drift out of there.

She heard a laugh from behind her and she jumped. She turned around and saw Skystalker peering down at her.

"Mmm... Master will be happy I've found you," he said, walking forward so Y/n would be forced to back up. She began backing up quickly, not realizing she was at the edge.
"I hope you realize you're not getting out of this. Take one more step and you fall and break your neck, or just let me lock you up," he warned. She looked behind her and gulped, seeing she's just inches away from possible death. She sighed, "Fine. Just... don't hurt Drift."

.:: Quick time skip ::.

Skystalker brought her downstairs, without speaking a word to Y/n. She tripped and fell into the cell as he slammed the door. She ran up quickly and grasped onto the bars, trying to wriggle her way out. She sighed when she realized there was no way she could get out of this until John, Carbide, and Raptor came to the rescue.

"Y/n?" she heard a familiar voice from the cell beside her. She turned her head and saw Drift, before sighing.

"Drift! Oh my God, you're okay," she let out a sigh of relief.
"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked, getting up to meet her at the cell wall bars separating the couple.

"I went out looking for you! I got an alert that the front door was left open, so I checked the security cameras and saw you running out. I got worried, so I followed where you were going and was lead here. Want to explain what the hell you're doing here, now?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"It's a long story," Drift sighed, "and I hope to God you won't hate me for it."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

This feels rushed omg i'm so sorry I promise it's not, it's just hard to write the in between segments before the slow parts and the big parts. The big stuff is only beginning. 💕