Chapter 28 - Flirting at the Pool

Sunny walked to the bar to get a drink, while Y/n walked over to the pool. She walked over by Carbide and sat her bag down at the foot of a chaise lounge. She laid down on it, letting the sun warm her up.

"Hey Y/n, aren't you getting in?" Drift asked. She looked over and saw him swim over to the edge of the pool. He rest his shoulders on the pool edge while he looks up at her.

"Eventually," she said, smiling. "I want to tan for a bit."
Drift shrugged, "Suit yourself." He fell back into the pool, fully submerging himself. He swam over to Raptor as he surfaced, breathing in deeply. He shook the water from his eyes as his normally spiked hair falls over completely, giving him a completely different look.

Y/n admired him from afar as her breath hitched. She noticed how his swim trunks were down lower than she had expected - his v-line very prominent. He was shirtless, too, which completely pushed Y/n over the edge.

He looked so... sexy... like that.

Y/n got up quickly and kicked off her sandals, taking her sunglasses off as well and putting them in her bag.

"Alright, I'm coming in," Y/n said quickly. She walked over to the steps of the pool and got in, the somewhat slight temperature change from the warm weather to the lukewarm water taking her by surprise.

Drift turned around and smiled, then completely froze.

His eyes looked her up and down as he smirked. He licked his lips lightly as he watched her make her way over to him.
"Jesus Christ," he mumbled, resting his hands low on her waist. "You look absolutely irresistible," he said in a low voice to not catch the attention of the others. With Raptor being so nosy, it was hard to flirt discretely as he was trying to do.

She chuckled lightly, "You look very sexy yourself," she smirked. "But we have a little problem."

"Hmm," Drift mumbled, completely lost in her curves to pay attention. He was ready to rip off her swimsuit and repeat what they had got up to last night all over again.

"Hey, my eyes are up here, sexy," she laughed.
"What?" Drift asked.
"Notice anything?" Y/n pointed to her collarbone.
Drift looked at it quickly, "No."

She rolled her eyes, "I said look, not glance, smart one," she lowered her voice, "You gave me a very prominent hickey, and Sunny caught me," she mumbled while frowning.
"I did?" Drift looked again before smirking, "I did~"

"Stop smirking!" Y/n hissed, hitting his arm while he laughed.
"You don't have a very hard punch," he teased.
"Okay, so what? What if Mr. Wick sees? I don't want to have the talk with him again!" she frowned.

"Relax, baby," he kissed her neck before smiling, "If he sees, so what? At least him and everyone else knows you're mine. Plus.. if we weren't in public, I would be giving you a whole lot more~" he flirted
.
She blushed and laughed, "My God you are such a flirt!"
"Do you expect me not to when you're wearing something as sexy as that?" He chuckled.
"C'mon, let's play Marco Polo or something before i take us somewhere private."

Eventually, after a lot of whining from Raptor losing pool games and tons of flirting between the couple, Drift got out of the pool.

"I'm gonna get a drink, want anything babe?" he asked.
"I'm good," Y/n smiled. "Thanks."
Drift nodded, walking over to the bartender.

"One beer please," he asked, handing him 5 V-Bucks. The bartender nodded and he left to get a beer from the cooler in the back since they were out.

Drift looked over at his squadmates in the pool as he felt a searing pain rage through his head. He clutched the table tightly as his vision clouded again.

"See all of them having fun? Enjoy it while you can. All those happy faces will be filled with nothing but anger, anguish, and sadness soon enough," the same voice called out.

"Get the fuck out of my head," Drift said weakly but bitterly, "and tell me who the hell you are!"

The voice chuckles deeply before disappearing, Drift regaining his vision momentarily afterwards
He felt slightly dizzy, but was okay nonetheless.

The bartender returned and gave him the beer, as Drift took it quickly, "Thanks," he mumbled, opening it and drinking it.

His happiness faded and was replaced with pure worry.
When whatever was slowly taking over him fully took over his mind and body, what would happen?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED THIS ONE HEHEHE

it was an experience, lemme tell ya 🤤🤤🤤
ARE YOY GUYS OKAY OR ARE YOU DEAD LIKE ME
I WOULD PAY SO MUCH MONEY TO SEE DRIFT LIKE THAT HNNGGG
*editors note: this happened and i'm literally shitting so i had to rewrite this entire scene to accommodate + had to give him a tattoo sooo fuck you and thank you fortnite*
(btw incase you can't imagine it ((i feel sorry for you)) his hair looked like Sanctum' when it was wet)