Chapter 27 - Lazy at the Links

Y/n bit her lip in concentration.
If she got the ball into the hole, she and Drift would win.

She starred down at the ball which was relatively close to the hole. She swung her pickaxe lightly, as the ball flung forward with its enough force to keep it rolling at a steady pace.
The ball began to slow down as it reached the hole, and it fell in.

She dropped her pickaxe and shot her hands up in the air in victory, "YES!" she yelled.
Carbide and John clap as Raptor groaned and threw a man-trum as Drift ran over to her.

"You did it!" he cheered, picking her up from behind. She squealed as he spun her around quickly, the two of them laughing heartily.

"I told you we'd kick Raptor's ass!" she laughed.
Drift sat her down and she turned around, pecking his lips. "Did you have fun?"

"Mmhmm," he hummed, "It was great. But I'm more excited to go swimming," he winked.
She blushed and hit his bicep lightly. He chuckled as John walked over to the duo.

"Congrats you two!" he grinned. "Nice shot, Y/n, that was a close one," he gave her a high five. Y/n grinned, "Thanks, Mr. Wick!"
"No problem. Now let's get our swimsuits and cool off before heading to Paradise, alright?" The two nod and they all make their way to the ATKs to get their swimsuits.

Raptor grumbled while he got out his suitcase, rummaging through and grabbing his swim trunks, Drift and Y/n doing the same.
Drift grabbed his and shut his suitcase, looking over at Y/n's. She took notice and blocked his view, "Hey, no peaking! It's a surprise!" she laughed.

Drift rolled his eyes and laughs, "Alright, whatever," he packed his suitcase away and began to walk away, Y/n and Raptor following him.

They all went into the restrooms inside and got changed. Y/n walked into one of the stalls and locked the door, beginning to undress. She slipped into her swim suit (You can have it be whatever you'd like, the cover photo is just what I chose), balling up her dry clothes into a beach bag. She picked it up and swung it over her shoulder, walking out of the stall when she heard a gasp from behind her.

"Y/n?" She turned around and saw Sun Strider grinning, "Hey girl! I didn't realize you'd be here today!" she exclaimed.
"Sunny!" Y/n grinned, hugging her. "I didn't realize you worked here!"
"Yep!" Sunny smiled, "I work here full time, the Hotel is part time. Suntan and I like to switch sometimes," she said. "I love your bathing suit, by the way! It's so sexy and cute. So you," she smiled.

"Let me guess.. a gift for Drift?" she laughed.
You blush lightly, "Maybe. I've had it but I've never used it cause I never felt comfortable enough to. But now I do so I figured, 'Why not?'" Y/n smiles.

"I think I know why you might be comfortable," Sunny snickered, looking at her collarbone.

Y/n looked at her confusedly, "What?" she turned around in the mirror and looked at herself.

Her bathing suit covered what it was meant to - she couldn't see what was wrong.
"What's wrong with it? Does my butt show too much?" Y/n turned so she could look at her butt while Sunny laughed.

"No - look at your neck."
Y/n stood normally again and looked at her neck area. She gasped as her face turns completely red - she had a hickey and she didn't even realize.
"Drift!" she groans while Sunny laughs.

"Do I want to know?" she asked, crossing her arms while grinning.
"Do you have waterproof concealer?! Mr. Wick is gonna freak out if he sees this!" Y/n groaned, covering the hickey with her hand while Sunny goes into her purse, looking.

"I think I do. Try this, it might not conceal it fully but it'll definitely make it less noticeable," she said, handing her the bottle.
"Thank you," Y/n said hurriedly, squeezing the cold skin-colored liquid onto her collarbone.

"I'm gonna kill him," Y/n groaned, rubbing the concealer onto the hickey.
Sunny laughed, "I've had that problem before. Hickeys are hard to deal with, especially your first one. Since you don't curl your hair, you obviously can't blame this one on a curling iron."

After a few moments, the hickey is covered up enough to where it isn't as noticeable.
"Ugh. I think that's as good as I'm gonna get it," Y/n frowned. "Is that better?" she turned, looking for her approval.

She gave her a thumbs up, "Looks great. Now go out there and wow your man! I'll be on duty so I can't wait to see his reaction," she giggled. She blushed lightly, "Thanks, Sunny. That could've been a disaster."

The two girls walk out of the restroom and out front to the pool, where Carbide was lounging. That was the first time Y/n saw him in normal clothes, actually.

Raptor and Drift were already in the pool while John had stuck his feet in, watching the pair.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Enjoy the double update tonight folks!! 😉