Together Forever (Ikaruga)

A/N - Thank you, dear readers, for 1000 reads! It warms my heart to see that my work has been so well received so far. Okay, so as one you guys requested, this story will be about Ikaruga, and the next will be from another reader, requesting Murakumo.

  Y/N's eyes opened, and he arched his back as he stretched, sprawling out on his bed. His bones popped back into place, sending a great feeling through his body. He sat up in his bed, swinging his legs over the side, and stood up. He found some suitable morning clothes, and walked out into the hallway. 

  As he entered the living room, he let out a large yawn, then heard one in response. He peeked around the wall into the kitchen, and saw Ikaruga covering her mouth as she yawned. Y/N smiled at this. He walked up behind her, peeking over her shoulder. Ikaruga seemingly didn't notice, as she used the counter stretch her back, pushing herself on to Y/N.

  She looked up at him, her eyes tired, and her movements sluggish. "Oh... good morn..." Ikaruga stopped in the middle of her sentence to yawn, covering her mouth. "Mm... good morning... Y/N..." Her head started to droop, but Y/N caught her. "Whoa there! How much sleep did you get?" 

  Ikaruga turned around and leaned her forehead against Y/N's chest, groaning.  "Not enough, I guess." Y/N said, stroking her head. "I... was helping Hibari with... her training..." She murmured, slightly clenching his shirt. She leaned in closer to Y/N, and stood there.

  It took him a few seconds to realize that Ikaruga had fallen asleep standing. He poked her cheek, and she grumbled, opening her eyes. "Hm...? Oh... sorry..." She pushed herself off of him, then turned back to the counter, swaying unsteadily on her feet. Y/N sighed, before bending down. 

  He scooped Ikaruga into his arms bridal style, causing her to turn crimson red. She tried to resist, but felt too tired to argue. He carried her over to the couch, and laid her out across it. She looked up at him , before giving him a small smile, and closing her eyes. About a minute later, her breathing evened out, indicating she was asleep. He moved a strand of hair from her face, then walked to her room. 

  He came back a minute later with her blanket, and covered her with it. He walked back into the kitchen, and began making breakfast for everybody. Once they all returned to their respective rooms, Y/N prepared a special surprise for Ikaruga...

-20 Minutes Later-

  Ikaruga pushed herself to sit up, stretching her arms above her head as she yawned. She heard footsteps approach her, and she looked up to see Y/N coming toward her. He set down a tray on her lap, surprising her as she looked up to him. Y/N tousled her hair, making her pout. "Enjoy, and when you're done, try to get some more sleep, okay?"

  Ikaruga blushed at his words, turning her head away, embarrassed. She brushed her hair behind her ear, and began eating. When she finished, she set the tray on the coffee table next to her. She laid herself across the couch again, covering herself with her blanket. She yawned, closing her eyes as the warmth lulled her to sleep.

(Ikaruga Dreaming)

  Ikaruga opened her eyes, and glanced around, confused. She stood in a clearing, her clothes torn and Hien shattered in two. She glanced around, her friends nowhere in sight. Yoma circled around her, snarling and glaring menacingly at her. She realized that she was completely alone, but her thoughts were cut short as a yoma charged at her.

  She used the shattered end of Hien to hack through the Yoma,  their blood spilling onto her. When the yoma were finished, she ran into Hanzo Academy, running through the halls, the walls covered with deep gashes and blood splatters. She peeked around the corner into the dormitory hallway, and almost vomited at what she saw.