Young Parents -Yumi- (Wife)

"It's a girl!" The doctor proclaimed, and she turned to Y/N. "Dad, do you want to cut the umbilical cord?" Asked a nurse, holding a clamp and medical scissors. Y/N nodded, and took the scissors. The nurse clamped the cord, and Y/N snipped it off. He gagged a little at the feeling, which made all the women present smile, including Yumi. Y/N returned the scissors, and came to his wife's side.

An old nurse approached the couple, presenting them their daughter. "Congratulations, you two." Said the nurse, smiling at the young parents. "Thank you." They said in unison. She handed Yumi their daughter, and left the room with the other nurses. The two gazed at their daughter, a new wave of love filling their hearts.

Yumi looked up at Y/N. "Have you thought of a name?" She asked. Y/N rubbed his chin in thought, trying to think of a name. "Hm... How about... D/N?" He suggested, and Yumi smiled in response. "D/N... what a lovely name." She cooed, kissing his cheek. She turned back to D/N, and took in her features. "She has my hair, and your E/C eyes..." She whispered, as D/N's eyes opened ever so slightly.

D/N began to cry, and the two panicked. "W-What do we do?!" Yumi asked frantically. "I-I'll get a nurse!" Y/N yelled as he ran out of the room.

He came back a minute later, with a nurse in tow. "She's hungry, do you want formula, or do you want to breastfeed?" She asked. The two parents looked at each other, and nodded. "I will breastfeed her." Yumi answered, and the nurse nodded. "Okay, I will give you two some privacy." She replied, bowing as she left the room.

Yumi opened the front of her medical gown, and held D/N close to her chest. Upon feeling Yumi's breast, D/N found the nipple, and began feeding. Yumi sank into her pillows, and smiled warmly. Y/N held her free hand, and the two connected for a kiss.

-Two Months Later-

Asuka smiled like a child, holding D/N in her arms. "Wow! She's so cute!" She gushed, as D/N looked up at her with her small E/C eyes. "How old is she?" Homura asked Yumi, who was chatting with her friends. "Ah, she is two months." She replied. Homura also gushed at the sight of D/N, her feminine side taking control. "I'm very happy for you two." Miyabi congratulated, patting Yumi on the shoulder.

"So, did you have any trouble giving birth?" Asuka asked, carefully handing D/N to Yumi. "No, but Y/N sure did." Yumi replied, which got her friend's interest. "How?" Homura asked, bewildered. "Once she was out, the nurse asked if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord. He did, but he gagged right after." Yumi giggled, followed by her friends. The front door opened, to reveal Y/N, bringing food with him. "Oh god, what did I walk into?" He asked, which made them laugh.

-Three Hours Later-

Y/N rocked D/N in his arms as he watched a movie. Yumi walked into the room, and sat next to him. She scooted close, and leaned on his shoulder. They watched the movie in comfortable silence, while D/N grabbed Y/N's finger with her tiny hand. "Y/N, are you ready for bed?" Yumi asked after a while, looking at the clock. "Yeah. Can't stay up late anymore." He answered, carefully standing up, as to not disturb the sleeping bundle in his arms.

Y/N woke up to the sound of crying, and sat up. D/N's crib was right next to their bed, just to make sure they heard if she woke up. He turned to his wife, who was still fast asleep. He slid off of the bed, and picked up D/N. She calmed down once she was in his arms, now staring up at him in wonder. Y/N, being the jokester he is, decided to have a little fun.

"I would like for you to explain why you were crying." He ordered, only getting a blank stare in response. "You're practically a grown up now! There is no more crying!" He joked. He played with her until she fell back asleep, then went back to bed. He draped one of his arms around Yumi's waist, and felt her shift around to face him. He kissed her forehead, and closed his eyes.

When Y/N woke up, he found Yumi leaning against the head of their bed, cradling D/N. He scooted next to her, and wrapped an arm around her. She snuggled against him, while feeding D/N. When she was done, D/N disconnected from Yumi's breast, and reached for Y/N. Y/N took D/N into his arms, and swayed her back and forth. "I'm a bit tired... Could you make breakfast today?" Yumi asked, looking up at Y/N. "Of course, just lay here as long as you need to." Y/N replied, moving to place D/N in her crib. "Ah, hand her to me, please." Yumi insisted. Y/N did so, and walked downstairs.

He took out a few bananas, berries of different kinds, and a package of oatmeal mix. He got started on the oatmeal, by adding hot water, and let it solidify. He cut the berries and the banana into small pieces, and mixed them in with the oatmeal. Once the oatmeal was ready, he poured milk into a glass, and set the food on a tray. He walked back upstairs, and entered their room. He set the tray on Yumi's lap, and took D/N. He put her in a booster seat, and put a toy with frozen water inside on the tray.

He sat next to Yumi, and switched on the TV. Yumi ate her oatmeal, as Y/N turned on the news channel. D/N sucked on the toy, which her gums numb. Yumi tugged on Y/N's shirt, and he turned to her. "Yes?" He asked, as she set the tray on her nightstand. She looked uncertain about something, which worried Y/N. "Y/N... Am I a good wife?" She asked quietly. Y/N smiled, and rested his head on her lap. "No... You're the best wife."