The Past -Special-

-Two Years Ago-

Y/N sidled against the wall of an abandoned school, followed by his partner, Komatsu. "Your mission is simple, shinobi. Get into the school, and kill the pedophile without being spotted. If any of the children see your face, you are to treat them as a target." Said the voice of Y/N's commander, through his walkie-talkie. 

Y/N took a deep breath, then loaded his silenced pistol. "Don't worry, Y/N. All we gotta do is kill the sick bastard." Komatsu assured, patting Y/N on the shoulder. Y/N looked at him uncertainly, then pulled a cord off of his belt. "You're right. Come on, lets rappel up to the second floor, that's where Intel-Chan said the kids are being kept." Y/N replied, as he shot the hook to the roof of the school, then began climbing. 

Once they were at a window of the second floor, Y/N pushed himself away from the glass, then smashed through it. The kids inside the room startled at the noise, and shot up from their sleeping places. Y/N landed quietly on the ground, and lowered his pistol. "Sh, it's okay. We're here to get you out." Y/N whispered, trying to coax the kids from their hiding spots. 

"Y/N, what are you doing? This isn't part of our mission." Komatsu argued, roughly turning Y/N to face him. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you want these kids to stay here?!" Y/N snarled, shoving Komatsu off of him. "Of course I don't! But this isn't our call to make!" Komatsu whisper yelled. "Well, it's my call." Y/N replied, and went back to trying to get the kids out. 

Komatsu hurled himself at Y/N, and the two began fighting. The kids back even further away, troubled by the sight before them. Komatsu landed a few jabs to Y/N's ribs, before he was shoved away, then roundhouse kicked. He smashed against the wall, a sickening crack filling the room. Y/N, realizing what he had just done, panicked, and ran over to his partner. 

"Komatsu! Komatsu! Come on man, you can't die just from that!" He shook Komatsu's shoulder, but his head only drooped to the side. Y/N gasped, then backed away from Komatsu's body. He leaned against the wall, while the children slowly walked out of their hiding places. A little boy approached him, and Y/N was horrified. 

The boy was sickeningly emaciated, and he had too many scuff marks on his body to count. "Mister... are you here to get us out?" He asked in a small voice. Y/N nodded, and pet the boy's head. "Yeah. But you need to wait here for a little bit, I'm going to go beat up the guy who did this to you." Y/N replied, which made the other kids visibly relax. 

After comforting the kids, he crept quietly into the hall, and closed the door behind him. He stalked the halls quietly, gun raised to kill the man if they crossed paths. He heard the cries of a young girl, and quickened his pace, hoping not to see anything horrible. He was extremely wrong, since he found the girl surrounded by a group of much older men. The girl looked to be around the same age as him, and his blood boiled. 

The men seemed to not have done anything yet, but they just stood there, and laughed at her. Y/N aimed carefully, and shot one man through his open mouth, which collateraled into the man across from him, killing him instantly. The men immediately stopped laughing, and one of them threw a kunai in Y/N's direction. 

The kunai barely missed Y/N's face, but took his mask with it. He covered his lower face with one hand, then shot the remaining men. Y/N unknowingly removed his hand from his face, which allowed the teenage girl to see it. He realized what he had done, but scoffed. "Damn that school anyways. They were all assholes." He muttered to himself.

Unbeknownst to him, a certain group of shinobi were watching through the window, cloaked by the night. "What do we do? There's someone else already here." A brunette said, turning to a black haired girl. "I don't know. Let's wait for Yagyuu to come back, and tell us what he did with the children. Suddenly, a white haired girl sprung up to the branch the two were on. "Guys... you need to hear this..."

Back to Y/N, he shot the chain that kept the girl from leaving. She had short brown hair that looks like it was cut by force, since it was uneven and frayed. "W-Who are you?" She asked, still a few feet away from him. "That's not important. For now, lets get you out of here." He replied, tying a cord around a sturdy pole, and threw it out of the window. 

The girl slid down the cord, then ran off into the forest. Y/N turned back to the door, and restarted his search for the man. As he walked through the hall, he noticed one of the doors had a light beam underneath it. He walked silently to the door, then looked through the peephole. Upon getting near the door, he heard the faint sound of snoring. He pushed the door open, to find the man sleeping on an old bed. 

Y/N crept up to the side of the bed, covered the man's face with a pillow, the shot him through it. He spat on the pillow, then reloaded. "It's a better death than you deserve." He snarled, walking out of the room. He returned to the children, and got them out. He watched them run into the forest, as he tore the badge off his arm. He chucked it somewhere in the treeline, then sighed. 

He buried Komatsu near the treeline, putting his gun, and his helmet as a marker. He was about to leave, but a canister rolled near his feet, and detonated into smoke. He coughed hoarsely, trying to wave the smoke from his face. The butt of a weapon struck the back of his head, and he fell to the ground, unconscious. 

-Five Hours Later-

Y/N slowly opened his eyes, and looked around. He was on a bed, in an unknown room. He sat up, and rubbed the back of his head. A girl with brown hair tied into a ponytail walked in, with a plate of of uncut sushi. "Ah, you're awake!" She chirped, walking quickly to his side. "Uh... who are you?" Y/N asked, as she set the plate on the nightstand. She turned to him, then held her hand out.

"I'm Asuka!"