Mercy -Kagura- (Fluff)

Y/N panted heavily, and wiped his brow.

Kagura stood motionless ten feet away from him, with not a bead of sweat anywhere. She sighed, then smirked. "I thought higher of your ability in combat, honestly. What's wrong? Bad day today?" She asked sarcastically. Y/N said nothing, but readied Baron's Promise. He charged, only for her to dodge at the last second. Y/N found himself standing in front of a tree, with Baron's Promise lodged deep inside of its bark. He attempted to pull it out, but couldn't in his weakened state.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, and was thrown on his back, knocking the air out of his lungs. Kagura watched him cough, and scoffed. "If you are the best this generation of Shinobi has to offer, then I'd say this world is doomed..." She said wistfully. Y/N spoke up after hearing this. "Then... why don't you... do something about it... you old... hag..." He muttered. Instantly angered by his insult, Kagura whipped around, summoning a polygonal crimson blade. Before she could finish Y/N off, he rolled away, then grabbed her ankle. Yanking on it, Y/N forced Kagura to lose her balance, consequently landing on her butt.

Y/N tackled her to the ground, pinning her arms by her head. She looked up at him with a nervous look. Letting go of her arm, he replaced his hand with his knee, and raised his arm. Demonic energy flowed around his fist, and he wound his fist back far. Kagura closed her eyes, bracing herself for the strike.

When nothing happened, she opened one eye, and saw Y/N's fist back to normal. His breathing was harsh and ragged, but it stopped after a few seconds. Y/N collapsed on top of Kagura, his body laid out across hers. But Kagura could only register one thing. Y/N's collided with hers, their lips connecting.

Once the gears clicked in her head, she shoved Y/N off of her, her face crimson. "You bastard! I was saving my first kiss... for..." Kagura trailed off when she saw Y/N completely motionless, face down in the dirt.

Crawling over, she poked him, and got no response. 'Did he die?' She thought, and got her answer when she Y/N's chest slowly rising and falling. Summoning another blade, she raised it high... but hesitated. She thought back to all the duels they had in the past, and when they first met.

-Flashback-

"W-Who are you?" Y/N asked, holding his side to stop the bleeding. The woman who just rescued him, Kagura, turned to him from the yoma, and offered her hand. "My name is Kagura. Will you live?" She replied. "Ye... agh!" Y/N clutched his side harder as his blood splattered on the concrete. Worried, Kagura ran to his side. Even though he was taller than her, she managed to wrap his arm around her shoulders. "Come on. I doubt your friends will be happy to hear you're not coming back." Kagura whispered. She led him back to Hanzo National, then left without a trace.

-Present-

'It's been three years since then.' Kagura thought, then sighed. "Well... I didn't rescue you just to kill you later..." She muttered, pulling Y/N closer to her. Resting his head on her lap, Kagura closed her eyes, and hummed quietly to herself.

"You were chosen, after all..."