Two of a Different Kind -Special-

M/N held D/N's hand as the Sonographer ran the probe slowly across M/N's stomach, staring intently at the screen. "It looks like..." The Sonographer trailed off, looking closely. "One... Okay... Mrs. L/N, you are indeed pregnant." She finished. M/N smiled up at D/N, who returned the gesture, and placed one hand on M/N's swollen belly. "This is the best day of my life..." M/N whispered. "Mine too... have you thought of a name?" D/N asked. "Yeah... I was thinking..."

...

"I'm so sorry Mr. L/N. The baby... she didn't make it..." D/N's eyes widened in disbelief, and he looked at the ground. "Your wife asked for you..." The doctor said, putting a hand on his shoulder. D/N nodded, and entered M/N's room.

He found her in her bed, staring blankly up at the ceiling. "It's my fault." She whispered. "This is nobody's fault..." D/N started, but M/N stopped him. "It's my fault! I-I... I could see all of the demonic energy flowing through her blood, a-and the doctors didn't know what was going on... It killed her, D/N... I killed her..." She murmured.

...

It's been three months since that day, and the couple had moved on, but the unused room meant for the baby girl haunted M/N every time she walked past it. This continued until D/N decided to take things into his own hands.

"M/N, can you come here? I wanna talk to you about something." He called, watching as M/N turned the corner from the hallway, then sat on the couch next to him. "What's up?" She asked.

"I... look, I know what happened back then still haunts you, but..." M/N could already see where the conversation was going, so she stopped him. "D/N, we already talked about this. I'm not going to kill another child." She growled, getting angry.

"But M/N, what if it's different this time?!" D/N asked, grabbing her wrist when she tried to leave. She turned to him, her eyes turning black, pupil shrinking to this size of a thumbtack, and burning red. "Let go." She snarled, trying to wrench her hand free. Even with her strength advantage, D/N was bigger, which made it easier to hold onto her. "No."

"D/N, let go. Now." She snarled again, her voice getting deeper as she spoke. "Please M/N, just listen-!" D/N was cut off when M/N tore her wrist free of his grasp, then pounced on him, slamming his back into the cushions of the couch. Her eyes burned into his, and he flashed back to when they first met.

...

"Hello? Is anybody here?" D/N called out, pushing over debris that was still partially aflame. He heard coughing from somewhere nearby, so he rushed to the source, eventually finding a young woman pinned under some fallen beams. She looked up at him, her eyes widening in relief. "Don't worry, I'll get you out of there!" He shouted, lifting the debris as high as he could.

To his surprise, the girl crawled out with no issue, and as soon as he let the debris fall, he felt something slam into his back, knocking him off his feet. Disoriented, he flipped onto his back, and saw the girl stooping over him, a wide, devilish smile revealing long, sharpened teeth.

She pinned D/N to the ground, and let out a snarl. "Oh, you sweet, sweet, dimwitted human. I'm going to enjoy this." She whispered, her eyes turning black, and pupils shrinking. She then opened her mouth as wide as she could, and lunged for his neck.

D/N reacted by throwing a punch to her eye, which stopped her in her tracks. "Ow..." She whimpered, nursing the eye. She then looked down at D/N, who looked dumbstruck. "What was that for?" She asked quietly.

"Wha?! You just tried to eat me!" He exclaimed. The girl blushed brightly. "N-No I didn't! I just wanted some of your blood!" The girl shot back, making D/N sweat-drop. "How was I supposed to know that?! And that doesn't make your case any better!" D/N argued.

...

Staring into those eyes again, D/N reacted on instinct, but this time...

M/N looked at D/N's hand as it caressed her cheek, and her eyes returned to normal. "D/N..." She whispered, putting her own hand on top of his. D/N suddenly flipped the two over, with him stooping over M/N, with his hands on either side of M/N's head. She blushed up at him, then nodded.

D/N gulped. They hadn't had sex since that time, so he was a bit nervous. "Okay... h-here I go." He whispered.

...

M/N held D/N hand, this time, holding her newborn twins in her arms. With two children this time, the older one (Male) inherited half the amount of demonic energy that M/N's firstborn had, and the younger one (Female) has inherited even less, with only one fourth the amount of demonic energy.

"So, you decided on his name? I already have our daughter's." D/N asked. "Yes, I did. His name is..." M/N smiled at the newborn boy in her arms.

"Y/N."