Special Day -Murakumo- (Fatherhood)

D/N quietly opened the door to her parents' room, and snuck up to their bed. She climbed on the bed, and smiled, spreading her arms out. She fell forward, landing in between her parents, waking them up. "Oh..." Y/N groaned, sitting up. D/N giggled as she slid down her father's torso, then looked up at her parents. "It is morning~" She said in sing song tone, crawling over to Murakumo. Murakumo smiled, and held D/N close, D/N grinning. "Okay, we're up... We'll be downstairs in a little bit, so go play with your toys, for now." She told her. D/N hopped off the bed, and left the room.

Once Murakumo dressed herself, she turned to her husband. "You remembered to ask the others to prepare, right?" She asked, watching him button up his white dress shirt. "Yeah. Asuka told me that she got everything ready, so all we need to do is bring the food, and wait for the others to show up." He replied, fixing his hair. "Did you tell her what time to be ready?" She asked again, Y/N stopping in his tracks. Murakumo giggled, then pat his back. "Go tell her, dummy." She told him. He fast walked downstairs, and she followed a few seconds later.

Y/N picked up the phone they had in the kitchen, and dialed Asuka's number. After a few tones, she picked up. "Hey, Y/N! What's up?" She asked cheerfully. "Uh, sorry I didn't say this before, but try to have everyone there by four o'clock, please." He told her. "You can count on me! See you later!" She replied, hanging up a few seconds after. Y/N smiled, and set the phone back in it's place. Looking behind him, he saw Murakumo serving D/N some rice, and miso soup. "Japanese for dinner? Nice." Y/N asked, pecking Murakumo on the cheek as he walked by. "Mhm. Here's yours, dear." She replied, setting the bowls and utensils where he usually sat. "Thanks, honey." He replied, putting emphasis on the last word. Glancing at D/N, Y/N chuckled when she had a look of disgust on her face. "Gross!" She complained, pointing at the two. "Oh? What about this, then?" He challenged. He wrapped his arms around Murakumo's waist, and kissed her deeply, her face turning crimson. "Ewww!"

After breakfast, the family went to the market, grabbing the food necessary for... later. Y/N skimmed the shelves, took a package of chicken and inspected it, then dropped it in the cart he pushed. "Daddy? Why are we getting so much food?" D/N asked from the cart seat. "Well, your mother and I have some plans for later, so we're stocking up." He replied, placing a package of beef in the cart as he did so. "Stocking? What does that mean?" D/N asked, tilting her head. Y/N chuckled, and pet her head. "You'll know when you're older." He told her, and she pouted. Murakumo approached, arms full of different ingredients, and seasonings. She carefully dropped them in the cart, then skimmed over the contents of the cart. "Okay, this should be everything. Come on." She told the two, walking to the cashier.

-A While Later-

"Asuka Onee-Chan!" D/N said with glee, pressing her face into Asuka's stomach. "Aw! I missed you too!" Asuka gushed, returning the hug. She looked back up to D/N's smiling parents, who were approaching as well. "Hey guys!" She called, waving them over. "Hello, Asuka-Chan. How have you been?" Murakumo asked, bowing. "I've been great! Hey, did you hear?!" She asked excitedly. "No, what about?" Murakumo asked, tilting her head. "Oh, let me fill you in, then! So basically, Homura and Miyabi were arguing about something, then Imu showed up, and- blah blah blah blah..." Y/N's brain shut off after the second pause in Asuka's sentence, and decided to go prepare in the backyard.

In the backyard, most of Y/N's friends were present, making small talk, or setting up tables. "Hey, guys. How long are the preparations gonna take?" He asked, setting up a few foldable chairs. "Well, depends. Is D/N here?" Homura replied, placing a bowl for the meat on a stand that stood near the grill. Y/N nodded, and Homura scratched her head. "It might be at least fifteen minutes. But don't worry, we weren't trained as Shinobi for no reason." She told him. "What plan did you conspire?" He asked, Homura smirking in response. "Well, Asuka fabricated a story that she could tell to Murakumo and D/N to keep them busy. She told us she made sure to make it quite long, and have plenty of details." She said confidently, her chest puffed out. "I'm impressed. We should get back to work, though. I don't know how long D/N is going to be interested." He replied, ripping open a bag of charcoal.

-Twenty Minutes Later-

D/N's head hung loosely from her shoulders in an attempt to stay awake. "-and then, Murasaki told Miyabi that the cookies that were in the jar weren't cookies at all, they were just a paper cut out that was inside when Homura bought it!" Asuka finished. Murakumo sweat dropped, then felt a tug on her skirt. "Mommy... I'm hungry!" She complained, holding her stomach. Just then, Asuka's phone dinged, and she read the text that was sent to her. "Alright, I think it's about time we go to the backyard, come on guys!" She called over her shoulder as the two followed. Since Asuka got to the gate first, she somersaulted over it, and rushed over to her friends. The gate opened, and the group of adults jumped out. "Happy Birthday, D/N!" They shouted. D/N's face brightened immediately, and she looked up at Murakumo, who was smiling. "You remembered!" She cheered, hugging her mother's waist tightly. Turning away from her mother, she looked at all the other people that were gathered.

She rushed over to them, and looked up. There was Yumi, Ikaruga, Hibari, Katsuragi, Yagyuu, Miyabi, Ryoubi, and Murasaki. D/N hopped in place, and the women smiled. "Are you happy?" Yumi asked, bending down to D/N's level. "Yes! I'm really, really happy!" D/N replied, then turned back to her parents. "They set this up for you. Why not show them some love?" Yagyuu whispered in the girl's ear. D/N nodded, and rushed back to her parents. She jumped in the air, and wrapped all four of her limbs around Y/N's torso. "I love you so much!" She said, squeezing him tightly. Y/N chuckled, and placed his daughter on the ground. "I'm glad. Go on, have fun." He told her. She rushed back over to the women, and they began talking. Murakumo leaned against Y/N, and intertwined her fingers with his own. "She's growing up so fast..." She whispered. "It'll only be a matter of time until-" Y/N stopped her, a tick mark on his forehead. "No. No man will ever get my blessing until the day I die." He declared, Murakumo giggling in response.

-Thirty Minutes Later-

Y/N placed the last strip of beef in the bowl, and put the lid on it. "Everyone! The food's ready!" He called. The group crowded the table, putting many different foods on their plates. Y/N got himself a few strips of beef, and some rice. He sat next to his wife, and D/N sat between Asuka and Homura. She had gotten herself two strips of beef, and some chicken as well. Y/N popped the bottle cap of his beer with his finger, then took a swig. He sighed happily, and leaned against his chair. "Ah... nothing like an ice cold beer after standing in front of a grill for thirty minutes..." He whispered. Asuka, however, wrinkled her nose. "I don't know how you can drink that stuff, it repulses me." She said, taking a sip of her soda. Homura took a swig of her own beer, her face getting a red hue. "Ah! Now you're speaking my language!" Homura laughed, wrapping her around Y/N's shoulders, and taking another swig. D/N stared at the bottle in Y/N's hands, then tugged on his shirt. "Daddy? Can I try it?" She asked. Y/N tapped his chin, then shrugged. "Well, a little bit never hurt anybody..." He said, and put the opening to D/N's mouth. "Y-Y/N, I don't think that's a good..." Yumi started, but stopped herself when she saw the beer trickle slowly down the neck of the bottle.

Almost immediately D/N pulled away, wrinkling her nose. "S-So bitter!" She complained, taking a big sip of her drink. The group burst into laughter, while Murakumo pat D/N's back. "There, there. Daddy's a big meanie, isn't he?" She teased, softly punching his shoulder. "Hey, she was curious." Y/N said, defending himself. Murakumo giggled, then pet D/N's head.

-One Hour Later-

"Bye-bye!" Asuka called, waving as Y/N pulled out of the parking lot. "Bye, Asuka Onee-Chan!" D/N called back, waving through the window. She turned back to face forward, to see Murakumo smiling back at her. "You really like Asuka, don't you?" She asked. "Yeah! She's really nice!" D/N replied happily. "That's great, D/N." Y/N said, turning left. They pulled into their own parking lot, and parked.

D/N snored quietly, laying between her parents. Murakumo was already sound asleep, but Y/N was still awake. He moved one of D/N's stray H/C locks behind her ear, then kissed her forehead, and did the same for Murakumo. He then laid on his back, and closed his eyes.