Iida x shy reader

Your POV

I sighed in content as I drew a Sakura tree in my art book. I imagined myself standing under one with Iida with him confessing that he likes me. I smiled to myself at the cute scenario I created and continued drawing.

"Hey Y/N!" Uraraka exclaimed.

I looked up and smiled at her and when I head Iidas voice as he greeted me as well, my face became pink.

"Y/n, are you okay? Do you have a fever? Your face looks pink." He rambled.

"No I erm I'm fine." I managed to respond.

"If you are not feeling well then you should head to the nur-"

"Iida she's fine you're acting like an overprotective boyfriend." Uraraka said with a sly grin.

My face became redder and I turned to Uraraka with a "really??" look.

I didn't notice Iidas face became ablaze as well since I couldn't will myself to look at him right after Uraraka's comment.

"I'm just being a good friend." He defended himself. He gave Uraraka a strange look that I couldn't quite decipher.

I felt a pang in my heart as those words escaped his lips.

I wish we were more than friends.

"Anyways, are you guys excited for the spring festival? It's in three days!" Uraraka gleefully asked.

"Very! I can't wait to see all the Sakura trees." I responded happily.

My mind wandered back to my earlier thoughts and I blushed.

"I'm thinking of asking Deku to go with me. Iida are you gonna ask someone to go with you?" She fully faced Iida so her back was to me. 

Iida's face slowly turned pink again and he scratched the nap of his neck sheepishly. He didn't answer and I pushed aside my shyness to repeat the question in the most genuinely curious voice I could muster up.

"Yeah, are you?" 

I put on a curious look to hide my true intention behind that question.

"I uh am thinking of inviting someone." He said while avoiding our gazes.

I felt disappointment whack me in the heart as he said. I felt the momentary bravery leave me and my next statement came out in a stutter.

"W-well, lucky h-her."

I placed a smile on my face but then focused my attention back on my drawing.

Why would I even think its about me? I'm too shy for someone like him.  

~Lunch time~

I was sitting on the table munching on my lunch. I replayed our morning conversation and sighed. I turned to a vase next to the table with a plant. I lightly moved my hand focusing in moving the plant in different ways. I made some extra leaves grow since I noticed this plant looked a little smaller than the others. I smiled as I saw the slight but nice difference.

I stopped my actions when I saw Iida go up to Momo. I felt a bad feeling stir in me as I jumped to the conclusion that he was gonna ask her. I saw her smile and nod after he appeared to ask her something. A small frown appeared on my face and I turned back to my food. Negative thoughts slowly crept into my mind but halted when Uraraka's voice filled my ears.

"Hey Y/n!" She happily greeted me while taking a seat next to me.

I put on a fake smile and greeted her with enthusiasm. We conversed but my mind kept going back to what had happened moments before.

~The day of the festival~

It was Saturday afternoon and I had just finished getting ready for the festival. Unfortunately for Uraraka, Deku's mother got sick so he stayed to take care of her. I didn't mention seeing Iida most likely ask Momo to the festival and she kept asking if I had been asked by anybody. My answer was the same and she kept frowning and murmuring something under her breathe which confused me, but I never brought it up. We decided to go together and just have a fun girls day at the festival.

A knock came from my door and I opened it to reveal Uraraka. She greeted me with a smile and I quickly grabbed my belongings and headed out with her.

"So do you know if anyone else is going?" She asked.

"I think Kaminari and Kirishima are going." I answered.

"Oh" She paused and frowned, "okay"

I nodded and we did light chatter until we reached the festival. People were dressed in beautiful clothing and everything looked happy and cheery. I felt a smile adorn my face as the Sakura came into my line of vision.

"Hey lets go get something to eat first then we'll go see the Sakura trees." Uraraka suggested as if reading my mind.

I eagerly nodded and we head off to get food. I didn't notice Iida appear a few moments later by himself. We bought some food and happily munched on it. As much as I tried to, I couldn't suppress the desire of Iida being her with me.

Uraraka noticed my gloomy expression but before she could ask what's wrong, another voice spoke up.

"Y/n! Uraraka!"

I turned slowly to see Iida approaching us. He had a smile on his face that made my hear flutter.

"Hey Iida!" Uraraka greeted back with a smile.

"H-hi" I responded with a weak wave and a shy smile.

"I'm so glad I found you" He said. 

He appeared to be looking at me when he stated that which caused me to tilt my head in confusion.

"I hate to be rude Uraraka but can I steal Y/n from you?" He asked.

I was shocked at what he said and I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Sure" She said with a smile.

She turned to me and grinned widely before winking and walking away. I looked back at Iida but my brain was blank of what to say.

The question "What does he want?"  repeated over and over in my head as he led to a lone Sakura tree.

When he stopped in his tracks he turned to me with a flustered expression. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion as I was still confused.

"Dearest Y/n," He gulped nervously.

Dearest?

"I have something to tell you that I've been eagerly waiting for this day to come to tell you." He said while looking at me for a split second before focusing his attention to the ground.

"Y-yeah?" I said, enticing him to go further.

He finally looked back up at me.

"I like you."

My heart stopped and I stared at him with wide eyes.

"R-really?" Was all I could mutter out.

"Yes." He said firmly but his face gave away how flustered he was.

A smile grew on my face as I spoke.

"M-me too."