Chapter 5

Inaaya fastened Vanilla's leash saying, "We are going for a walk. Now, I know you are not in habit of leash, but you have to listen to me. Understand?"

She barked. Kissing top of head, Inaaya was leaving her room, when she bumped into a girl. She wore black and white pajama shorts, with a white slip. She had her raven black hair tied in a high ponytail. Her eyes were a reflection of her mother's while the oval face resembled the father. She had nothing in common with Inaaya, which is why people never believed that they could be sisters. She gave a death stare to Inaaya, "Can't you see where you are going?"

Inaaya smiled, "Good morning Zara"

She raised her brows, "Well, it is not good anymore for me"

Vanilla came to sniff Zara but she screamed, "Get that thing away from me"

Inaaya took Vanilla in her arms but she had started barking. Zara clenched her fists, "You stay away from me and keep your filthy creature away from my room. Am I clear?"

Inaaya nodded, rushing downstairs. Getting out of the house, she placed Vanilla on pavement. She started walking down the street. She knew Zara would be mad if she came back. She knew Zara would never accept her. Why did she agree when Grandpa asked her to come, why was she stupid, she wondered.

Zara and Inaaya were sisters with Zara being one year older. She was called the most beautiful kid of the family and Inaaya agreed with it. Zara was her friend and took care of her until she turned eight. She became distant. She started hating Inaaya. Inaaya didn't remember the reason but after the accident, it was evident that Zara never wanted to see her little sister and Inaaya was scared of her sister. Only two people knew the truth about the accident, one of them being her sister.

Taking a deep breath, Inaaya noticed that they have come far from house. She glanced at Vanilla who was busy sniffing grass. She said, "Baby, you want to go home? Are you tired?"

Vanilla looked up and sat. Inaaya went on her knees stroking Vanilla's ears, "Vanilla, she didn't mean it. She was angry with me. She is not a bad person. She is...She is just. Well, if you want to eat your favorite omelet, we have to go home."

Vanilla jumped on her licking her face. She laughed as they walked back home. Vanilla was the only reason she could survive days in that house. Grandfather had asked Inaaya to stay here for one week after which she could come home. She smiled at Vanilla who was walking faster than her.

When they reached the house, she noticed Ayaan sitting on his front porch. His face lighten up when he saw her. He waved at her before coming to them. Picking up Vanilla, he asked, "How are you?"

She replied, "I am good"

"Umm...do you know how to make cookies?" he asked. She was confused, "Cookies? Yeah, why?"

He replied coming closer, "See, my mother does this charity thing and she makes all the cookies and chocolates for the kids all by herself. But this time, she asked for my help and I don't know how to do it"

She smiled, "Sure, I can help. I used make home-made cookies for Granny's charity too"

Taking, Vanilla from him, she continued, "But first this little monster needs food. If she hungry for long hours, she starts attacking"

He laughed, "Okay, so I'll tell mom that you will help. She will be thrilled. See you in an hour?"

"Sure" she answered before walking to her house.