Chapter 40

For next few days, Inaaya avoided both the boys. When Ethan came to apologize, she asked him to give her some time. She would keep wondering about both of them all day sitting in the empty gym on the bleachers, missing her classes. While the fight didn't happen again because of the warning of the Principal, the competition and heat was still there between both the boys. Whenever Inaaya would be around, they would try to suppress their anger. Whole school had been gossiping about the trio for days.

Charlotte sat next to Inaaya on the footsteps of stair of auditorium. She had tried her best to lighten her best friend's mood but everything failed. Nudging her arm, she asked, "What are you wearing tomorrow?"

Inaaya was fiddling with her charm bracelet, "What is tomorrow?"

"It's Homecoming tomorrow" she replied. Inaaya shrugged, "I am not going"

"Why? You can go with both them" she joked. Inaaya gave a sharp look to her, "It's not funny. It is hard enough that whole school is gossiping and joking, I don't want you too. My life is already a joke for everyone"

She hugged her from side saying, "You don't have to listen to the gossips. You have to think about what your heart wants. And every time you look at AK, I know your heart wants him"

"Coco, Ethan is a really nice guy who loves me. He..."

"But do you love him?" she paused, "See, you are just lying to yourself and him and you know it. Of course he is a nice. He is not an idiot like AK. That guy is mess and you both have some issues to resolve but you love him. Just think about it but don't let those jerks ruin Homecoming for you"

Sighing, Inaaya said, "I don't even have a date. It would be embarrassing to go without a date"

"I'll be your date. I and Nico will be your date. We will go as group date" she gave a smile. Inaaya laughed, "That is a very crazy idea"

Charlotte pouted, "Are you coming then?"

Inaaya nodded smilingly. Charlotte hugged her tightly.