Chapter 32

Ayaan carefully landed on the floor from the window. He had sneaked in the room for Zara before but somehow it felt different this time because it was not her room anymore. As he walked back and forth, he sensed someone watching him. Squinting, he noticed Vanilla sitting on bed. She jumped in his lap when he sat on bed. He stroked her fur saying, "I am going to do something which I shouldn't do. Do you think she'll give me a chance if I say I really like her? Do you think she will go out with me? Vanilla, should I ask her?"

Vanilla tilted her head to side with her round eyes blinking at him. He nodded, "I am also not sure"

He heard her laughter outside. Peeking from behind the curtains, he watched both of them laughing at something. Vanilla curled herself on her bed. He saw Inaaya walk towards the house which lit his face. Suddenly, Ethan called her out. She walked back. His heart knew what was going to happen but he couldn't look away. Clenching the curtain, he saw him pull her closer. She placed her hands on his shoulders. As he leaned in, his lips touched her. She had her eyes shut. Ayaan could feel the rage rising inside him. He pulled back and whispered something. She smiled licking her lips. Ayaan walked back to bed. He couldn't see anymore. All of a sudden, his phone started vibrating. Zara's number flashed on his screen. Reality stuck him. He was committed to someone. He can't let Inaaya go through that again, Zara would make her life a living hell, he thought. Kissing Vanilla on head, he said, "I can't do this to her, Vanilla. She is happy in her life. I can't take that away. Even if it hurts to see her with him, I'll try my best to control my feelings"

When Ethan's car drove away, he jumped out of the window and climbed back into his room. Shutting the curtains, he called Zara.

Inaaya was on cloud nine. She entered her room and picking up Vanilla, she danced with her. She thought she was forgetting something. She looked out of the window and saw the lights of his room go out. She rolled her eyes saying, "Typical AK. He would do anything to ruin my date"

Zara walked out of the house and found Ayaan waiting beside his car. With a big grin, she hugged him. Pulling back, she said, "I am so sorry. I should have not been mad at you. Let's just forget it"

Ayaan nodded and opened the door for her. She started talking as she put on her lipstick, "We should go before I see her. You know she is dating some weird guy and he has met mum and dad and all they could talk about is how good he is. Sweetie, you have to make dad like you"

He was barely listening to her but he gave a nod, "I try but he hates me. I have tried everything"

She bit her lower lip, "Maybe, you could come over for dinner. See, he can't hate you forever. You are mom's best friend's son. He knows you"

He mumbled, "That is the problem, he knows me. He knows me too well"

She clicked her seat-belt and kissed him. He gave a laugh, "Zara, I think we should..."

She looked at him with sparkling eyes. He continued gripping the steering, "I think the last couple of days have been rough. We should try working on our relationship"

Nodding, she took his hand, "Totally, I agree. Last couple of days, Inaaya tried her best to sabotage our relationship but we are still together and we will stay like this"

His hand on steering wheel clenched tightly, "Why do you have to bring her in every conversation? Why does your world revolve around her? Stop blaming her for problems that we are having"

She rolled her eyes, "My world doesn't revolve around her. She makes my world miserable..."

He interrupted, "Zara, for the last time, focus on your life. Let her live hers. We have some relationship issues and we need to work them out. She didn't do anything. You are the one who doesn't trust me..."

"Trust? Seriously, weren't you the one who ran off after Ashlyn?" she questioned. He rolled his eyes, "Oh, come on, you knew I flirted with everyone. You didn't have a problem with that before. Why is it a problem now?"

"Because...you... I am scared that you will leave me like everyone" she stopped herself. He cupped her face saying, "I am here. I am not going anywhere. If I will, I'll tell you instead of cheating on you. I am not a coward"

She squinted, "What's that supposed to mean? You mean that there is a chance that you will?"

He shook his head and hugged her, "No, I was saying hypothetically"

She pulled away smiling, "As long as it is hypothetically, I am happy"

Ayaan started the engine with a smile. He saw Inaaya walking out of the door. She plugged in her headphones and walked across the street listening to music. A wave of sadness hit him. He switched gaze between the sisters with a heavy heart. They were so different. Inaaya would never try to emotionally blackmail him but it was not his choice now, he thought, it was hers and she chose Ethan. Taking a deep breath, he took Zara's hand and kissed the back of it as he drover away.