Chapter 41

Charlotte squinted her eyes at Ayaan who sat in front of her. They have gathered in Nicholas's house which gave a Ayaan a country house vibe. Nicholas' mother had always wanted to live countryside but his father loved the city, so she turned her house in one. Charlotte turned to Nicholas with death glare, "I can't believe you tricked me into getting here"

He gave nervous smile, "I just wanted to help my friend. I know you want to help your friend too"

She took a cushion from the couch and walked over to Ayaan. He sat still on the chair. She started hitting him on head saying, "This is for everything that you have done"

He covered his head in defense and cried, "Okay...Okay, please stop"

Nicholas commented, "Remind me to never make you angry"

She stopped hitting Ayaan and threw the cushion at Nicholas who was standing by the window but he caught it with a smirk. Ayaan adjusted his hair saying, "Fine, I deserved that"

She settled back on couch saying, "Yes you did. And whatever you want me do, I'll be doing only for Inaaya. Not for any of you" turning to Nicholas, "Definitely not you"

He gave a flying kiss to which she rolled her eyes. Ayaan moved to the edge of the chair saying, "I just want five minutes with her. Just five minutes"

"I convinced her to come but I don't know if she will agree to give you even two seconds. You wrecked her relationship. Her first ever relationship, she is very much pissed off with you" she conveyed her concern. Ayaan shook his head, "I didn't do anything. It was Ethan who came up to me in Gym saying we need to talk and the next thing I knew he was punching me in the parking lot. I don't know from where he got this idea that I have been sneaking around with Inaaya"

"It all basically started with you. You pissed off the bitch who made up a story for Ethan" Charlotte shrugged. Nicholas sat next to her but Charlotte gave him a look. She turned to Ayaan saying, "I'll help you on one condition. Keep the Satan away from Inaaya"

Ayaan agreed, "Totally. I will protect her with my life"

Charlotte gave a laugh, "Just keep her safe. That's all I am saying"

He nodded, "You really care for her"

She smiled, "Yeah, she is my sister"

Charlotte still remembered the day she talked to Inaaya's grandparents. They were nice and respectable people who just wanted their grand-daughter to be happy. She hadn't mentioned it to Inaaya that she got to know about the accident from them. Her grandmother had asked Charlotte to help her gain confidence. She had done more than that. Nicholas moved closer to her asking, "What are you going to do?"

"I'll see about that but first I have to arrange myself another date" she snapped. He laughed, "You wouldn't do that"

She shrugged, "Maybe, I would"

His face fell. He sensed the serious tone in her voice. He asked, "Really?"

She hit him with cushion and started laughing, "No, idiot"