Chapter 72

Zara entered the hospital room and found Saki smiling at her. She was not in burn unit like her sister but she had some IV fluids hooked up in her arm. Sighing, she went to sit near her bed. She took the little girl's hand saying, "I am so sorry. I didn't know you were inside. I wouldn't have done that to you"

"Would you have done that if your sister was inside?" the girl asked the question which everyone was asking her, the question which have been haunting her for days. She shook her head, "I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. I waited for her to leave. I thought no one was in there. I just...I am really sorry"

The girl gave a big smile saying, "She always talked about you"

Zara looked at her in wonder. She continued, "You are as beautiful as she described. She told tales of you braiding her hair when she would get upset. I am sure she didn't want you to get upset like that now. You were like a superhero to her, always standing for her when she was in danger"

Zara chuckled through her tears as she thought about their days together. 'Though I put her in danger now, some irreparable' she thought to herself. Saki continued "I guess she's my superhero now. She saved me. Oh, I know what she is! Better than a superhero"

"And what is that?" Zara asked in wonder.

"She is my sister. I always wanted a sister and I love her so much"

"I always wanted a sister too" Zara mumbled as she remembered how badly she craved to have a sister when her mother was pregnant. She prayed for days for it. "I want her to be as sweet as angel".

She used to say to everyone. Inaaya was indeed as sweet as an angel. It dawned upon her that it was not Inaaya's fault that people fell in love with her. She deserved to be loved. Ayaan fell in love with her because she was a nice person. And she even refused to accept him because that would hurt. Zara thought Inaaya was willing to give her everything she ever had and not the other way around.

Zara was in turmoil. Suddenly, a memory flashed in front of her. Inaaya walked in her room with her favorite bear saying, "I didn't mean to hurt you. It just happened"

All she could remember was those innocent teary-eyes staring at her. That small girl would turn to her big sister for protection from nightmares by climbing in her bed late at night. Zara wondered when she went from being her protector to being her nightmare. She noticed the same innocence in the little girl's eyes. She replied, "I know. I know I am a bad person here"

"No, you are not a bad person. You are just...angry. Inaaya says you are a very good person but with some anger issues" she interrupted her. Zara smiled, "You know you are like my sister, full of hopes and bliss"

A big smile appeared on the Saki's face, "I know. She says I remind her of her childhood"

Zara's face drowned as she realised the burden of the things she had done. She was almost dematerializing sitting in that hospital room. Saki noticed her and said "It's alright Zara. If I am even a tad bit like her, I know she will forgive you. She also wants her sister. Just be a good sister to her"

She nodded and whispered, "I'll try to be"