Chapter 33

Few days later, Nicholas slipped next to Charlotte when she and Inaaya were discussing some random gossip in cafeteria. He gave her smile before turning his head to Inaaya. He whispered, "I need you to do something. I need you to talk to AK. He is not himself. He is distracted, sad and...he is...not AK"

She was a little confused but sighed at AK's name, "Nico, you seem a very good person and we are friends but I am not going to do that"

Charlotte asked rolling her eyes, "Why can't you talk to him?"

"I tried but he is shutting everyone down. Look, we have a big game coming up and we can't screw it. The coach will kick him off the team. He is the best. You have to make him understand that his scholarship also depends on these games" he explained. Charlotte was annoyed with them discussing Ayaan, "He is such a drama queen. First he tries to ruin your date, then he sends him over here so that he could get you to talk to him"

Nicholas snapped, "Hey, no one sent me here. I am trying to help my friend. Inaaya is the only person who could get through him. No one else"

"Why can't Zara talk to him? She is his girlfriend. This is what girlfriends do" she asked. He gave a laugh, "Right, and why can't I try to run for President"

Both the girls looked at each other puzzled. He shook his head. He realized that they didn't know that Zara was less concerned about Ayaan and more concerned about her friend's election campaign, "Just talk to him. I care about him that is the reason I am asking you."

"No, you care about the game. That is why" Charlotte corrected. He didn't answer. Inaaya could see Charlotte was wrong. Nicholas did care for him. His eyes were full of worry and hope. She had noticed Ayaan distant lately. A few days ago, when she was walking down the hall to her class, her shoes slipped on the wet floor but he caught her. He didn't flirt or said anything. Keeping his head down, he walked away. She could see how he clenched his fingers together tightly as he walked away. She looked at Charlotte saying, "No, he is genuinely worried about him. He is just using the game as a reason because he doesn't want to show that he is cares that much about him but in reality, Ayaan is his brother and wants to protect him. Ayaan has shut him out and he is in desperate need for someone to get him back."

Charlotte observed Nicholas who was gaping at Inaaya. She laughed. He stammered, "Umm...any...anyways. It is not like that. Will you talk at least try to talk to him?"

She shrugged, "From today, we start the rehearsals for Annual Performance. I'll try"

He smirked, "Thanks"

As he was about to slip out of his chair, he sat back asking, "How did you know all that?"

Charlotte started laughing. Inaaya winked, "I am a psychic"

He was staring at her in amusement. She burst in laughter, "Relax, I just know Ayaan and from what I heard about you and him. I feel like I know you too. You guys are like me and Charlotte"

Charlotte interrupted, "Excuse me?"

She rolled her eyes, "Fine, Coco"

Turning to Nicholas, Inaaya shrugged, "She hates when I call her with her real name. But I find it good to call people by their real name because your real name is your personality and your nickname is the image you want people to know about you"

He turned to Charlotte stunned. She nodded, "I know she is damn good"

He laughed, "I think I might have started to like you a lot Inaaya"

Charlotte raised her eyebrows. Inaaya noticed something between them. He smiled at Charlotte saying, "I'll see you later"

When he left, Inaaya gasped, "Seriously, are you two...Like is there something that you are not telling me Charlotte Evelyn Perkins?"

Charlotte picked up the fork saying, "How do you want to die? Should I stab you in heart with this fork or in stomach where there is better chance of being saved?"

Inaaya put her chin on her palms which her elbows resting on the edge of table. She flashed a big smile at her best friend. Charlotte laughed, "Fine, I'll tell you"