Chapter 12

Inaaya heard a knock on her door. She saw Charlotte peaking in. She sniffed, "You don't have to check up on me. I am okay."

Charlotte stepped in and closed the door, "I am not checking up on you. I am here as a friend. I hope we are friends."

"The last time I had a friend, I had my voice as the announcement. I don't want any games. I am tired" she replied crashing on the bed. Charlotte smiled, "I am not one of your sister's pawns. I am not playing one of your sister's games. I am one of the victims of her games actually. So I thought victim-victim bonding would be nice. I also bought an offering"

She pulled out chocolates from her bag. Inaaya gave a laugh, "Charlotte, you didn't have to bring that"

She jumped next to Inaaya on bed saying, "First of all, if we are going to be friends, you can call me Coco. I don't like the big name Charlotte. Also, the best way to get rid of sad mood is chocolate. Eat it, you'll feel better."

Inaaya took one. Peeling off the wrapper, she remarked, "I hope so"

Charlotte nudged Inaaya's arm who was busy eating, "Are you ready for the storm? She seemed pretty upset"

Inaaya had chocolate over her lips, "Who?"

"Zara. You slapped her boyfriend. There is going to be something big" she replied. Inaaya was shocked. She asked, "Ayaan is Zara's boyfriend?"

She nodded, "You didn't know?"

"Obviously, I moved her a week ago. I don't know anything about this place" she yelled before jumping down the bed. Charlotte could see that she was scared. She was walking in circles. Charlotte held her by shoulders asking, "Why are you so scared of her?"

She shook her head, "I shouldn't have done that. I didn't want to piss off the snake"

Charlotte cover her mouth to stop herself from smiling, "Did you just call her snake?"

Inaaya shook her head, "No, I didn't mean it like that."

"So what did you mean?" she heard the voice at the door. Turning around, they saw Zara standing at the door. Charlotte exclaimed, "Holy shit, I swear I locked the door"

Zara rolled her eyes, "This was my room. I know how to open the lock."

She walked up to her sister. Inaaya had her knees shaking. The incident replayed in her mind. She walking to her, accusing her of ruining everything, saying that she wished she didn't have her as her sister. She trying to get rid of her because she took everything away from her. Her trying to push her off the tree house. Then, everything happening in flash, her pushing her back accidently knocking her off the edge. She tried to catch her hand but she slipped. A seven-year old Inaaya watched her sister screaming in pain and a pool of blood surrounding her. She still had the fierceness in her eyes. She had her hands on her waist when she stood there observing her younger sister and spoke, "What did you mean when you slapped my boyfriend in front of whole school?"

Inaaya stammered, "I...I...didn't knew...that"

Zara shook her head, "No. See he only did what I asked him to do. We both hate you. You want to know why. Because you took away my things again. You took my room. Mom and dad wanted to give you your room back. Their prodigy should get the best of the things. It had always about you. Inaaya did this, Inaaya did that. What about me? So, this was our plan to get rid of you permanently. I wanted to do more but he didn't want to do anything that would wreck you completely."

Charlotte interrupted, "Is that supposed to make her feel better? That you didn't do anything else? You ruined her reputation"

Zara raised her finger, "You stay out of this"

Inaaya stood still. Zara continued, "I asked him to be your friend, to gain your trust. I knew everything about you. I could also see that you were falling for him."

She laughed, "How can you honestly imagine a girl like you who doesn't even know how to comb her hair can get a guy like AK? Aren't you the smart one? So, how can you be that dumb?"

Charlotte replied, "You know what, you are really dumb. You don't see how beautiful she is"

Zara started laughing, "Charlotte, is it? I bet she can't even get the janitor to go out with her"

Charlotte smiled, "And I bet that she can make your AK go running around after her"

Zara rolled her smiling slyly, "Dream on"

She left the room. Inaaya turned to Charlotte, "What did you do?"

Charlotte asked, "What happened to you? It looked like you were freaking Bambi standing in front of a tiger"

Inaaya collapsed on the bed, "I am dead now. She will kill me"

Charlotte announced, "Tomorrow we are going to meet one of my friends"

Inaaya had her face buried in pillow. Charlotte asked, "Are you trying to suffocate yourself?"

She snatched the pillow from Inaaya who was crying again.