Chapter 7

When Inaaya walked out of the house, she saw two more cars parked in front of Kapoors' hours. Mrs. Kapoor introduced her to her friends before getting in the car. Inaaya rode with Ayaan in driving seat. They reached a large red-bricked colored building which had white windowpanes with 'Little Angels' on the gate. It was an ancient building, Mrs. Kapoor informed her. Mrs. Kapoor was one of the heads of the committee which took care of orphanages in the city. She introduced Inaaya to the staff and children. As they were introducing themselves to Inaaya, they screamed with joy. She turned around and saw Ayaan sitting on his knees as they ran to hug him. A smile appeared on her face. Something inside her melted. She could feel her heartbeat stop when one of the girls kissed him and he laughed.

They played games with Inaaya. Ayaan, who had a camera dangling around his neck, was busy taking photographs. Occasionally, he would take her photo and smile. Ayaan suggested them to play soccer. They ran to the playground which was at the back of the building.

Inaaya found a small girl sitting in one of the room and crying. She sat next to her asking, "Is everything okay?"

The little girl nodded wiping her tears, "It is okay"

Inaaya held her hand saying, "I promise I'll not tell anyone. You can tell me. I am new here so I don't know anyone and I'll go away next week so, your secret is safe."

The girl sniffed, "I was rejected again. I didn't get parents today also. Every time new people come and I think maybe today they will pick me but they don't. Others say it is because I am weird. That is why God is punishing me"

Inaaya hugged her, "Oh, sweetie, God never punishes kids. Maybe he is just waiting for right parents. And it is taking time because you are very special to him and he wants you to have the best parents"

She argued, "But I am weird. I am not like other kids. I look different"

Inaaya laughed, "Being different doesn't mean you are any less. You look different. So, take a pride in that. That means you are not like ordinary people"

She stared her with round hazel eyes, "A princess is always different. Have you seen Frozen? You know everyone was scared of Elsa. She used keep herself locked away. But when she embraced her uniqueness, everyone loved her. Enjoy being different. I am also different. I don't look like other girls and don't behave like those perfect people. They say I am not like them, that is why people stay away from me but I don't get sad. Because people will say many things about you. You have to just live your life."

The girl smiled and wrapped herself around Inaaya. She said, "I like you Inn..."

"Inaaya. What is your name?" she asked. The girl replied, "Saki"

Saki took out a bracelet and tied it around Inaaya's wrist. She smirked, "That is my special one. It can make wishes come true. I think my three wishes are over. Now you will get the three wishes"

Inaaya laughed before she kissed Saki on cheeks. She said, "You should go and play outside"

Saki wiped her face even though there were no tears and ran outside. Inaaya followed the girl out and saw Ayaan playing soccer with kids. He had just scored a goal and was celebrating with his team. She wrapped her hand around her wrist. There was something about him that made her heart beat faster. When the ball hit her leg, she realized that she had been holding her breath. She sighed and threw it back to kids. She admired his long hair, which were sticking on his forehead with sweat. He pushed them. Why she had not seen how handsome he was, she thought. In her heart, she knew he would never go for a girl who doesn't even know how to dress-up. He was the romantic movie lead type so he would have the perfect girl not her. She accepted that fact.