Chapter 35

Inaaya sat in her room trying to concentrate on the book opened in her lap. Loud music blasting from the speakers downstairs made her cover her ears. They had won the game and Zara decided to throw a party for her boyfriend. She invited everyone over. Ethan had asked Inaaya if she wanted to go out but she preferred to be alone tonight. Unknowingly, her eyes searched for Ayaan in his room. Her mind travelled back to the moment he confessed his feelings and kissed her. Closing her eyes, she tried to control her tears. Vanilla who was sleeping at the foot of bed came and snuggled against her. Her hand started stroking her belly.

Someone knocked on the door. Pushing the textbooks aside, she climbed out of the sheets. When she opened the door, Ayaan who seemed nervous flashed a smile. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets of his black jeans he paired with a black biker jacket and blue t-shirt. He ran his fingers through his hair saying, "Hi"

She leaned against the door, "What are you doing here? It is your party. You should enjoy that"

"It is the party for the team. Also, no one will notice if I don't go back" he replied with a smirk. He stepped in the room, "I think we should talk about this"

She crossed her arms across her chest, "There is nothing to talk"

He closed the door behind him. Her body went limp as he took her hands and kissed the back before resting them on his shoulders. He held her by waist pulling her closer whispering in her ears, "Then I'll do what I am good at"

He kissed her earlobe making her skin tingle. She could hear the noise outside going down as his soft kisses travelled across her jawline. She felt his warm lips against her neck. She opened her mouth to protest but was caught by his. His strong hands were pulling her in. His tongue craved for her more as it delved into her mouth. The more he kissed her, the hungrier he got for her. His touch was soft yet passionate. Desire took over his senses. He had her against the cupboard with her arms wrapped around his neck. His kiss had wiped away the thoughts in her mind. Her fingers ran though his hair. His hands moved across her body feeling every curve and edge. He murmured between the breaths, "I love you"

She knew she had to stop. Taking control of her body from him, she pushed him back catching her breath. She shook her head, "I can't do this. I can't do this with you. I just can't"

Before she knew it, tears started welling up in her eyes, "Just leave. This is wrong on so many levels. You are hers. You shouldn't have said anything. You are my sister's boyfriend. I have a boyfriend. We shouldn't do this. We shouldn't. Just leave"

She crossed over to open the door, "Get out of my room now"

Ayaan wanted to protest but when she looked away, he felt a sharp pain in his chest. He walked out of the room. She closed the door after him and collapsed on the floor crying. He could hear her sobs despite the loud music leaning against her door. With a heavy heart, he climbed down the stairs to join the party.