Chapter 55

"This is not fair" Zara exclaimed sitting in the stands with Ethan. She had her hair tied up in a bun but some fragments of hair still had green dye in it. She had spent hours trying to wash it away. The day before, Ayaan and Charlotte snuck in the Chemistry lab and took some chemicals. Taking some help from Ryan, they created a permanent lime green dye. Ayaan knew Inaaya would kill both of them if she got an idea about their plan. Charlotte changed the bottle of conditioner which Zara kept in her locker for showers after practice with dye. Zara had been embarrassed when she came in cafeteria for lunch. Inaaya could feel her pain and scolded Charlotte and Ayaan after school.

Ethan asked, "What is not fair?"

"She gets to perform this weekend with Ayaan, she gets my boyfriend, she gets my parents and I get green hair!" she pointed towards her hair, "They have gone way too far with hair. They shouldn't have done that"

"Don't you think that spray-painting her locker wasn't much?" he asked squinting his eyes as sun pricked his eyes. She shook her head, "I can't believe it that we are still talking about this. It was a joke. No one took it seriously. By the way, I wrote the truth. There is nothing wrong with that"

He sighed, "I just think you went a little over-board with that"

"They went over-board with it when they dragged my hair in this" she argued. He took her hand saying, "Just take a deep breath"

She did as he said. She had hated him when they first met but as they devised the plan to start dating, they became friends. He would make her watch sci-fi movies which she had started liking and she would take him shopping which he enjoyed as he could mock every outfit of hers without offending her. She took her hand back saying, "I have a class. I'll see you after school?"

He nodded. When she left, he saw Inaaya walking to her class. He started to get up to talk to her but saw Ayaan coming from the other side. He smiled at her and said something which made her laugh. He missed her laugh. He wanted her back which made him agree to Zara's plan. They walked together to their class. Ethan had always wondered if she had ever loved him. She saw Ayaan the way she never looked at him. Her eyes sparkled when she would smile at him. He wondered if there was a sparkle when she smiled at him.