Chapter 51

"Just walk straight" Ayaan guided blindfolded Inaaya. She felt his strong hands on her shoulders. She joked, "Don't tell me you are taking me to a forest to murder me and bury me in a big grave that you dug for me because I hurt you because I said sorry for them yesterday"

He asked, "Why are you watching crime shows so much? Now step down"

She took his hands as she stepped on a wooden floor. Her heels of boots made a sound as she walked around. She trusted Ayaan but not knowing where he was taking her for their first date made her anxious. She had irritated Charlotte with questions because she was the only one who was helping Ayaan with this. He took her hand and made her walk on the wooden floor which creaked as she stepped on it. He said, "You know it is a very good idea for next time. I'll keep it in mind when I plan your murder"

She heard the waves when she asked, "Are we near sea? Are we on beach? But the floor is wood"

He hugged her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder. She could feel his warm breath on her neck. He nuzzled against the bare skin of her neck saying, "You ask a lot of questions. Nobody likes a 'know-it-all'."

He took off her blindfold. There was a blur of lights. She tried to blink it away. She nodded, "I get it. You are going to drown me. And I don't know how to swim"

He whispered, "Look carefully, silly"

She noticed she was standing in Lake Michigan and the beautiful skyline of Chicago with lights like stars was reflected in the lake creating an upside-down image of the city. She stepped close to the railing exclaiming, "Wow, it is...it is like...it's beautiful. I don't know why I hated this city so much"

"Now you can start loving the city" he replied. She looked around and saw herself standing on a sailing yacht. Even though, Grandpa owned many luxury yachts, she had never been on one after watching Titanic when she was eight. She always had a fear that she will drown in water if she goes on any boat.

He watched her surprised face turn blank. He started explaining, "I know what you are thinking that I went overboard with this but I didn't. I...I wanted to rent a boat but they were already booked for others and I asked them if I can get a small boat but they didn't have any. I wanted you to see my solitude place so I brought you on my yacht. Well...Technically it is not mine. It belongs to dad. My dad bought this as an anniversary gift for my mom...but she hates water rides so...Now I am blabbering a lot. You are just making me nervous...."

She tried to smile, "Ayaan, it is not the overboard thing"

He asked, "Then what is it?"

She clenched the railing, "I have Thalassophobia. It the fear of sea or any other big water body"

He hugged her saying, "It is okay. You can let go of the railing. I will not let anything happen to you"

She sighed as she let go. He caught her and made her walk back. She asked as she sat on the deck, "Why are you nervous? I mean, I am nervous because it is my first time on a yacht. Why are you?"

He replied with an innocent smile, "I don't want to screw this up"

She tilted her head to side with a smile, "You don't have to tiptoe around me"

He smirked, "As you wish"

She stood up and walked back to the railing saying, "Gramps always says you should face your fears. Bubbles, you have to be strong"

He stood next to her with a smile, "Bubbles?"

She shrugged laughing, "It is from a cartoon which I used to watch when I was a kid. Grandpa named me after one of them"

He watched her watching the skyline. A concern rose inside her. She turned around and asked in a soft tone, "Did you bring me sister here for dates?"

He walked closer to her saying, "There are some secrets that she doesn't know about me. This place is one of them"

Ayaan had always wanted to bring Zara on the yacht but she hated sailing. She didn't have a fear like Inaaya but she also didn't want to get near the sea other than for a tan. When he saw Inaaya smilingly watching the skyline, he felt his heart skip a beat. He could see the small kid in her which had just seen fireworks.

He rushed inside the cabin and brought a picnic basket. She cocked her head to side asking, "We are having a picnic in the middle of Lake Michigan?"

He laughed, "Yes we are going to have a picnic here, Bubbles"

She let out a laugh. He took out sandwiches, canned drinks and French fries as they settled on the deck. Ayaan claimed that he prepared the sandwiches but she knew it was Mrs. Kapoor who made them. The stars shone as brightly in the water as they were in the sky and the city lights. She looked at Ayaan. Some of those lights were in his eyes too. She had never seen them shine with happiness like this before. It filled her heart with happiness too.