Introduction.

So I had this story written awhile ago. I just never uploaded it for a reason I really don't know. That being said, here is a small little chapter to introduce the story. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------

Beca was in the small campus coffee shop. Her best friend, Jesse Swanson was on his shift behind the counter. Beca was leaning against the counter; sipping at her iced coffee. She watched Jesse make a drink for the redheaded girl that just ran in from the pouring rain.

"It's really dumping buckets out there huh?" Jesse asked the girl.

"You know it, Jesse" The girl giggled as her eyes looked over to Beca; giving her a small smirk. Beca returned it with an eye roll.

"Oh, that's Beca. She doesn't talk much" Jesse said.

"Beca" Chloe let the name roll off her tongue as she grabbed her wallet to pay for the drink. "If you don't talk much, then maybe the campus's new penpal email thing is for you" Chloe suggested.

"I've been telling her about it. She won't listen-"

"Because I don't see the appeal to email a complete and total stranger. It's like dating websites for the hipsters" Beca grumbled before taking a sip from the iced coffee. Her eyes looking back to the giant glass window that was being covered in rain.

"Isn't she a joy?" Jesse chuckled as he handed Chloe the drink; exchanging her for the money.

"Hipsters huh?" Chloe asked. "And what do you emo's use? Myspace?" Chloe raised an eyebrow causing Jesse to laugh.

Beca's eyes snapped back to the smirking redhead who was somehow closer to her then before. That just struck a nerve in Beca. How dare this woman insult her and move closer to her. Who even gave her the right?

"We use AOL get it right" Beca faked a smile.

"Right," Chloe nodded as she wrote something down on a napkin. She then slipped it across the counter to Jesse before grabbing her drink off the counter. "See you around Jess" Chloe used the nickname.

"Want to hang here? I can give you a ride back to the Bella's house-"

"Of course" Beca snickered.

"What?" Chloe asked.

"A Barden Bella?" Beca asked with an attitude. "Explains it all"

"And that is supposed to mean what?" Chloe asked; a hand on her hip.

"The whole 'I'm better then you' attitude" Beca said. "Also you're extremely preppy looking-"

"Where do you come off? You look like you just walked out of an My Chemical Romance album!" Chloe laughed.

"Whoa! You know someone either then Taylor Swift!" Beca quickly relayed.

"Alright, both of you need to stop. This is a place of business" Jesse said. "Do you need a ride Chloe?"

"No, I'm alright. I gotta get back anyway before Aubrey kills me" Chloe chuckled as she began to walk out. "Bye Jesse! See you later, badass wanna be" Chloe winked at Beca before walking out.

"The hell is her issue?" Beca asked.

"Nothing. Chloe is like the nicest girl on campus actually" Jesse chuckled. "You didn't help with the same old Beca is a badass attitude" He said as he was wiping the counter off.

"Yeah well, I never want to see her again" Beca muttered.

"You should try the penpal email thing, Beca. Maybe you'll fall in love with a girl as miserable as you" Jesse suggested.

"Sounds ridiculous-"

"Just give it a damn try" He sighed. "What do you have to lose?"

Beca sighed and took a sip from her drink again. She looked away from her best friend back out to the window; watching and hearing the rain fall down hard from the sky. Of course she was hesitant because Beca wasn't good at talking. But in the end, this was just emailing.

"How do I get an email?" Beca asked with another sigh.

"I was going to email this one girl, but I've been emailing another. So you have it" Jesse pulled the napkin out of his pocket and wrote the email down. He then slipped it across the counter to Beca.

"Just a girl at gmail dot com?" Beca asked.

"Yeah, maybe she's as miserable as you" Jesse shrugged.

"I'll think about it" Beca muttered as she slipped the napkin into her pocket before getting up. "I gotta get to the station. Tell Benji that I want my black hoodie back. I know he stole it" She said causing Jesse to laugh.

"He's been trying to do some magic trick with it, but I'll make it reappear" Jesse exaggerated with his hands.

"You're weird. I'll text you tomorrow" Beca said as she walked out.

"Later!" Jesse chuckled and pulled his phone out to text Chloe.

Jesse: Beca has no idea it's your email.

Chloe: Thank you :)) I know she isn't just a bitch.

Jesse: Just admit you think she's hot lmao

Chloe: Of course she is. But still, I know she isn't just some badass wanna be.

Jesse: Let me know if you find a softie in her. I gotta get back to work. Can't promise an email.

Chloe: Thanks Jesse :))