Lies

Beca walked inside the Bella's house; hearing the TV play some show from the living room. She put the bags she grabbed down and not soon after, Chloe was copying her movements behind her.

"Go" Chloe nudged.

"I'm going!" Beca whisper yelled. "So bossy" She muttered causing Chloe to snicker.

"You don't complain in bed-"

"You promised to never talk outloud about that"

"It's not a big deal you're a bottom, Bec" Chloe said; rubbing Beca's upper arm. "Just funny you just learned what that meant" She started to giggle once more.

"Oh my god" Beca rolled her eyes before walking away.

She went towards the sound of the TV in the living room. Chloe followed behind her to support her. She knew she would have to being that Beca was Beca, and Beca was known to run off sometimes.

"Fucking hell!" The voice yelled.

"What just happened?" Amy asked.

"He wasted a good chance to shoot!" Beca's sister said.

"New York Rangers still?" Beca asked as she walked into the room.

"The only team Dad let us watch" She said.

"Thought you would rebel on that" Beca said. "Just like everything else"

"You really wanna fight?" Dylan looked up at her older sister.

"I'm just-"

"Beca" Chloe whispered; her hand on Beca's lower back. She rubbed softly back and forth. "Don't" She added.

Beca sighed and just ran a hand through her hair. She wasn't sure how  to word something as serious as this. She knew what to say explaining when their parents got divorced. But, this was more serious. Their dad was dead. She wasn't sure how she would react.

"What?" Dylan asked.

"Dad's dead" Beca choked out quickly.

Dylan was silent before chuckling. "What?" She chuckled.

"He died in a car accident. The funeral is this weekend. Moms coming into town and that's why I needed to get in contact with you so bad" Beca rambled.

"Okay" She shrugged and looked back to the TV. "Let's see if they know how to use a hockey stick huh?" She asked.

Beca was silent; feeling confusion run through her. Her sister just reacted like this was normal. As if Beca just told her something as simple as there would be a Christmas party this year. She just reacted so normal to it.

"What?" Beca asked.

"We're already two points behind in this game. They should stick the sticks up their asses at this point-"

"Dad is dead. Did you not hear me?" Beca asked.

"Yeah, I did. Now can we just watch the game please?" Dylan asked.

"No! Our father has died and you're just acting like this is normal!"

"No, I'm reacting in a way you don't want me to" Dylan looked back at her. "You want me to cry with you right?"

"It's our father so I fucking figured that would be what would happen" Beca laughed in disbelief. "Or maybe you would at least be a bit upset!"

"Beca.." Chloe whispered; trying to calm her girlfriend down.

"No! This is ridiculous!" Beca yelled.

"Beca, maybe she just handles this differently" Amy suggested.