Assistant Lies.

Proof read and edited crammed in a closet because my cat is sick and sleeping in the closet. Think it's ironic I'm editing a gay fanfic in the closet lmao.

"I'm so sorry I am late everyone. Richie has been sick. He's better now. I just didn't want him around Dad when he was sick" Angela explained and gestured to the kid on her hip. "Also a Merry Christmas" She added.

"Merry Christmas grandma!" The little boy perked up as Diane held her arms out to hold him.

"It's fine, just glad you showed honey" Diane said. "And Merry Christmas to you Richie" She grinned.

Beca hadn't see Diane grin in the last hours they have been here. She grinned when Jimmy showed so it wasn't just Chloe having to worry about both her parents. Diane knew Chloe was stressing more over that. So when Jimmy showed, it eased the stress a tiny bit.

"Of course I would, is Dad okay?" Angela asked.

"We just got the news he got out of surgery and will have a healthy recovery" Carol spoke.

"Oh thank God" She sighed of relief and her eyes fell over to the table.

Beca looked at Chloe who was having her head hang low. She looked as if she was trying to hide away from the older woman. Beca then let her eyes look up at the woman who was holding the child on her hip. She looked a bit like Chloe. Her hair was the same color, she had the same eye color and the exact same nose as Chloe. The biggest difference was her voice wasn't the same as Chloe's.

"Guess it'll be me" Blake mumbled before getting up and walking over to greet his sister.

"Blake, hey" Angela said. "Merry Christmas" She said as they hugged.

"Merry Christmas, where's your husband?" He asked.

"Oh you know, probably a strip club somewher-"

"Do not bad mouth your husband in earshot of your son" Diane glared at her. "You know he doesn't deserve to hear that"

Beca would have been lying if she said that she didn't feel tension in the air at that moment. Jimmy as acting as if something on his plate was the most important thing, Chloe was hiding away, and Blake took one for the team by greeting Angela.

"Well, at least we have you both here" Blake said.

"I've missed you, missed you all" She directed the ending towards the table. "Except I'm not sure who that girl is" Angela pointed to Beca.

"That's Beca, she is-"

"My assistant!" Chloe snapped her head up to finish the sentence.

"I'm what?" Beca asked.

"She's what?" Jimmy asked.

"Yes, uh, college has been so crazy I needed an assistant" Chloe nodded and looked over at Beca with begging eyes to go along.

All Beca's eyes read though was one giant "what the fuck?!"

"Well, that's news to me" Diane said.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Blake asked.

"You guys are just so judgey' sometimes that I was worried to" Chloe said.

"Alright" Jimmy just rolled his eyes; hating that the lies and fights were already starting.

"Oh, well nice to meet you" Angela smiled at Beca.

"Same with you" Beca faked a smile, but glared over at Chloe. "Ms Beale, do you mind if I go use the ba-"

"I told you, you don't have to have to call me that" Chloe said.