Back Home

"So she isn't here at all?" Beca asked into the phone as Chloe put their bags in the back of the Uber.

They had just landed back home in Georgia and were about to take an Uber back to the Barden Bella's house. Both had decided it was best to rush back before New Year's so Beca could start focusing on worrying about her father's funeral.

She had gotten a phone call from her mom when they were on the plane, but decided to just call her back when they landed.

"I can't even contact her, Beca" Her mother spoke.

"He's her father too, she should be here. Does she even know?" Beca asked; referring to her sister.

"I don't know. I need to hang up and get on the plane. I'll see you soon alright?" She asked.

"Yeah" Beca just muttered and hung up.

She was pissed off to no end on how her sister still wasn't here. Not that Beca would admit to it, but she was scared to be alone in this. Of course she wasn't because she had Chloe. But, Chloe didn't lose her father. She almost did, but the fact was that she didn't.

"Everything alright?" Chloe asked as they both got in the Uber.

"Yeah, it'll be fine" Beca just nodded.

Chloe talked to the Uber driver for a bit as he started to join the flowing traffic out of the airport. She then sat back and looked at her girlfriend in such a stressful state.

The woman wasn't sure how to handle correctly this situation. Especially with someone such as Beca. She loved the woman, but she still was sometimes at a loss for words on what to do or what to say.

Beca was so different then anyone she had ever met before. She was reserved and acted like she had her shit together. But, with Chloe she always revealed that wasn't the case. Yes she was reserved, but her shit definitely was not together. So Chloe wasn't always sure how to approach a Beca who didn't have her shit together. This was definitely one of those moments.

"You should stop lying, Bec" Chloe spoke.

"I'm not lying" Beca snapped.

"What did we say back at the hospital?"

"That your dad is okay?"

"No-"

"Well we did, a lot. I think that's the most I've ever chanted something in my life"

"Well obviously you haven't heard yourself in bed" Chloe snickered.

Chloe mentally cursed herself out for that. If anything, that probably wasn't the best approach to this. But, Beca had definitely rubbed off on her the last few months they had been together. Sarcasm was a main thing that Beca was known for. Chloe no doubt had picked that trait up along the way.

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?" Beca snapped her head to look at her girlfriend.

"You've chanted my name and the f bomb more then chanting my dad would be alright" She explained.

"Don't flatter yourself" Beca just muttered and looked out the window.

"Again, you shouldn't lie" Chloe said.

"Again, not lying" Beca said back; feeling her phone buzz in her hand. "What's up, Amy?" She asked; bringing the phone to her ear.

"Hey, Beca.." Amy spoke. A tremble to her voice.

"Yes, Amy?" Beca sighed as she was a bit annoyed.

"There's some girl here on the Bella's House porch? She keeps yelling at me asking where you are-"