Hard Times.

"Hey, hope this table is good" Angela smiled as the two walked up to her.

"Yeah, seems quiet over here compared to the other side of the cafeteria" Chloe nodded.

They all sat down at the dark green colored table. It made Beca frown a bit seeing these tables be this ugly. She understood it was a hospital. But, whoever decorated the place was not good at their job.

Beca sat next to Chloe with Angela and her son across from them. Chloe's mother had given Richie back to Angela when she got down to the cafeteria. Richie was a little two year old boy with blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He was sitting in the highchair at the table; picking at his food.

Beca began to wonder what Chloe was like as an aunt. Was she the 'second mom' type? Or the 'cool and drinks wine' type? The brunette was curious to know that and curious to know if Chloe would be good with kids. She had to be. How had Beca never seen her with kids before is all she began to wonder to herself.

"So, Beca" Angela began. "Good to see you're awake and not wanting to murder anyone" She chuckled.

"Uh yeah" Beca faked a chuckle as she was a bit nervous being around Angela.

"So I think it's a lunch buffet today" Chloe quickly switched the subject.

"It is, they are opening it in five minutes" Angela nodded.

The silence fell to an awkward one. Nobody knew what to say to one another. Beca felt her anxiety rising up at the awkward silence between the three. Her knee bounced rapidly as she looked around at the other people in the cafeteria.

Chloe placed a hand on Beca's thigh; using her thumb to stroke the texture of her pants. Instantly Beca's bouncing knee relaxed and stopped from the older woman's touch. She gave Chloe a quick grateful glance before Chloe spoke.

"So how is it going with the preschool idea?" Chloe asked.

"Tyler is against it" Angela sighed. "He thinks he'll be fine just going into elementary, but I don't think that's a good idea"

"Just enroll him, you make it sound like Tyler isn't around anyway-"

"He is though. He still wants to be a father, just not a husband" Angela explained.

"Shit" Chloe cursed. "He's going to have a late start without preschool. Plus with the being an only child has he been exposed to other kids?"

"I've been bringing him to playgrounds and stuff for the socialization. But, you know that doesn't always help. He's shy" Angela replied.

"Library programs" Beca spoke up.

"Huh?" Angela asked.

"Library programs would be good for him. Not too loud and he would be socialized" She explained.

"Huh," Angela nodded. "Never gave that thought. I'll look into that once we get home, thanks Beca" She smiled.

"How did you know that?" Chloe asked.

"I went as a kid and then brought my sister. It was a good environment to be in as a shy kid" Beca said.

"I could never see you in a library" Chloe chuckled.

"How come? A bookworm not a turn on for you?" Beca smirked, but then caught on to what she said from Chloe's face.

"What?" Angela asked.

"It's a joke we have! Chloe complained so much about this guy and what a  turn on and off was so now we just joke" Beca quickly covered up for Chloe even if she didn't want to.