Woke Up in a Waiting Room.

Chloe walked back down the hall slowly with the sleeve of her hoodie wiping her tears. Well, Beca's hoodie. She took it earlier when they were told only family could go in to see her father. Of course Chloe wasn't happy with that. But, Beca had calmed her down by giving her the hoodie to wear.

The redhead knew that Beca was upset with her. She had every right to be. Chloe didn't blame her for it. The woman knew she wasn't the most pleasant person to be around right now. But even with Beca being upset with her, she still made sure to calm her down.

"You good?" She heard a voice behind her as she was walking down the hall.

Chloe turned and saw her older sister following behind with her arms folded across her chest. She quickly caught up with her and they both slowed down to a slower walk down the hall.

"Well, as fine as I can be while our father is almost dead on Christmas-"

"He didn't die though, Chloe. We were just talking to him" Angela pointed out. "I think the real crime is you have your assistant working on Christmas"

"What assistant?" Chloe asked.

"The Beca girl" Angela said. "You forgot about your assitan-"

"She isn't my assistant" Chloe sighed. 

"What is she then?" Angela asked.

"She uh, she's just a friend" Chloe said.

"So why did you lie?" She chuckled.

"It's an inside joke between us" Chloe brushed it off.

Inside Chloe's head though, she was cursing herself out. She should just tell her they were dating and get it over with. But, instead she chose to just call Beca a friend when she was much, much more.

"Oh alright, maybe you should re introduce me to her then" Angela said.

"Yeah, she's in the waiting room right now. Probably sleeping knowing her. But, just let me wake her up because if anyone else does it's going to be hell" Chloe rambled causing Angela to raise an eyebrow.

"Why only you?" She asked.

Chloe chuckled a bit and looked over at the woman. But, then she remembered Angela didn't know Beca and didn't know that they were together.

"Because I'm me" Chloe shrugged.

"Bit cocky don't you think?" Angela asked.

"Trust me, I'm just truthful" Chloe said as they entered the waiting room to find Beca sleeping on the couch.

Chloe was walking over when she froze for a minute. Beca sleeping was always a peaceful thing to Chloe. The way her breathing was steady, how she didn't have a worry in the world, the way drool slowly trickled down her chin.

Beca was on her side with her back against the back of the chair. Her hands tucked under her head with her legs bent a bit. Chloe let a small smile form on her lips as she saw the woman so peaceful in her slumber.

"You going to wake her up?" Angela asked. "We should go get lunch" She added.

"Yeah," Chloe nodded. "Sorry, zoned out" She added before walking over and crouching down so her face was in front of Beca's.

Her hand lifted up and moved a piece of Beca's hair. She knew that she wouldn't be able to just wake her up like a normal friend would. And with her sister watching, she felt under pressure.

"Hey, can you go get us a table in the cafeteria for lunch?" Chloe looked over her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'll meet you down there" Angela nodded and went downstairs.