Christmas Miracle..?

"Babe.." Beca whispered as she sat on the couch. Her fingers running softly through the red hair that was resting on her lap. "Your mom wants us all to go downstairs to the cafeteria for breakfast" She added.

"I'm sleeping" Chloe said in a monotone voice.

"So you draw patterns on my thigh now in your sleep?" Beca asked.

"Yes" Chloe said as she kept using her fingertip to draw random patterns on Beca's thigh.

"Sure" Beca just nodded. "We should go down-"

"He isn't even out of surgery. It's been all night, Beca" Chloe sighed and sat up to look into her girlfriend's eyes. "I love her, but how can I have a Christmas breakfast with them when my dad might die!"

"Because it's for your mom. You know meals on holidays mean a lot to her" Beca pointed out.

"I know, I just...I can't eat knowing it's been all night.." She mumbled.

"They told us though it would be awhile. I bet he's okay" Beca reassured.

"Hey, you two weirdos coming down to the cafeteria? Mom's got a table for us" He said.

"Yeah, we are" Beca spoke for them.

"Alright cool, see you down there" He said and walked away.

"We are?" Chloe was a little shocked Beca spoke for her.

"Yes. You need to eat. Your dad wouldn't want you just sit here and wait" Beca said as she got up. "Plus, I need coffee" She added and held out her hand to hold Chloe's.

"Fine" Chloe muttered and just grabbed onto Beca's hand as she got up.

"So, my sister hasn't emailed back" Beca brought up her situation as she kind of hoped it would have Chloe bring up hers.

It felt weird that Chloe hadn't told Beca about her sister. Jimmy made it sound like it really destroyed Chloe. But, the woman couldn't figure out why. If anything Beca opening up about her issue would have let Chloe know it was okay for her to.

"Really?" Chloe asked as they walked down the flight of stairs.

"Yeah, I don't think she will" Beca sighed.

"How come? What's making you think that?"

"I just know her" Beca said as she walked down the hall with Chloe following. "You wouldn't get it, you don't have a sister" Beca commented.

Beca couldn't believe she just said that. Was she that desperate to know the reasoning behind why Chloe wouldn't speak to her about this that she just pulled that comment out of her ass? Guess she was that desperate to know because that's exactly what she just did.

Chloe just chuckled in response as she let Beca's hand go to walk into the cafeteria. Beca's pace slowed down so she could walk behind her knowing that Chloe found where the table was.

"What was the chuckle and taking your hand away for?" Beca asked.

"Do you think you know everything?" Chloe stopped to look at her.

"No? I'm just stating a fact. At least, what you've told me" Beca said.

Chloe studied Beca's physical features. She saw Beca glaring right into Chloe's own eyes, her arms folded across her chest as she bounced her knee a bit. She then analyzed her words that fell from her mouth just seconds before.

It wasn't in a way Beca would say something if she was being serious. It sounded like she knew something that Chloe wasn't aware of. Maybe in a way that was teasing something right above her that Chloe couldn't quite grab onto.