Elysium

Requested by @oracle_of_delphi: Silena, Charles (Beckendorf), and Luke in Elysium.

~~~

Silena and Beckendorf strolled down the cobblestone streets of Elysium, holding hands and smiling. Silena playfully brushed her shoulder up against Charles's, laughing at cheesy the joke he had just told her. It wasn't actually that funny, but Silena found it funny that it wasn't funny. She was just like that.

"It's great to see you again." Beckendorf mumbled to himself, the smile slipping off his face. His girlfriend had just died a few days ago, meeting up with him in Elysium. Charles had died a few days previous her death. Waiting for her to die also was hell- almost literally. He would sit on the ground and listen to the screams from the Fields of Punishment, wondering how long he would have to wait till he saw her again. Being in the Underworld alone was too depressing.

Silena stopped laughing to face him. "Are you okay, Charlie?"

Charlie scratched his head. "Yeah, just...memories."

They walked in silence after that.

Elysium was a great, but sad place. It was hard to enjoy, but easy at the same time. Not many people made it to the Underworld's paradise, and if you had to go there without any friends to enjoy it with, you could get depressed fast. Still, it was a fun place for the dead. Not many were privileged enough to earn it.

The two stopped at a corner store. It was a small restaurant that they liked to go to occasionally, and a popular Underworld hangout for ghosts to relieve stress. Silena glanced at Charles. Without hesitation, he led her into the shop.

Technically, they didn't have to breathe, pass waste, or eat since they were already dead, but almost everyone did it anyways. Besides, the barbecue was so good, who could resist?

The couple found a table near the center and picked up their menus. They were about to order, when a blonde haired man walked in with a familiar scar on his face. Luke.

Luke immediately zeroed in on Silena and Beckendorf. He was alone, and looked like he didn't have anything to do. Luke kind of just awkwardly stood in the doorway, glancing at them.

The couple was dumbstruck. Neither of them suspected to see Luke here, but they guessed it was evident enough. A constant worry on their minds was whether the demigods of Camp Half Blood were going to defeat Kronos or not. They didn't have much connection with the outside alive world, but Nico di Angelo had visited Charles once when he was still waiting for Silena. And when Silena came, she described the war. But none of them knew what happened after she perished.

Seeing Luke brought extreme joy, but also extreme sadness to both of them. Camp Half Blood had won, but Luke had died in order for them to. Of course, he had been a lying backstabbing traitor, but they needed to get some info out of him about the turnout of the war.

"Luke." Beckendorf said in a monotone voice, standing up. "Why-"

Luke sighed. "Hey, Beckendorf." He said nostalgically. Without being invited, he walked over and slumped down at their table. Silena and Charles both stood up, eyeing him warily.

"What are you doing here?" Silena tentatively ventured.

Luke sighed again. A small tear rolled down his cheek. "Guys, I-" he stopped, letting the emotion out. Completely unashamed, Luke started crying. He put his face in his hands and laid on the table, his back and shoulders quivering with sobs.

The other inhabitants of the restaurant acted as if nothing was happening. It was a common sight in Elysium, seeing people sobbing, so nothing was out of the ordinary. That was the sad thing.

Charles and Silena were both quick to comfort him. Seeing Luke completely vulnerable and so melancholic weakened them. They hesitantly sat back down. Beckendorf patted his back while Silena muttered encouraging words. They still didn't trust and him, but were starting on the path to forgiveness.

After Luke had let it all out, he explained the outcome of the war from his point of view in intricate detail. He told the naked truth of everything, not concealing his bitterness with white lies. He was all honest.

"Oh Luke..." Silena said. A tear escaped from her eye too. She leaned up against Charles, and he put a comforting arm around her shoulders.

Luke nodded solemnly. "What I did was wrong. I don't want to think about it anymore. I made it into Elysium for a reason, and that reason is to start over with a clean slate. That was the old me, this is the new. I know I can't change what I've done, but all I can ask is for you to forgive me. Please."

The couple nodded as Luke continued his speech.

"I can't live like that anymore. I think I've finally found my true life, or rather, death, and I want to make the most of it. I'm going to try to start over. Make a new me."

And from that day forward, Luke was a new person.

~~~

I'm getting emotional :( That was a little longer than the other ones, but I have always wanted to know about life in Elysium, and what Luke's afterlife in particular would be like.

Also, I started a demigod role play book called Demigod Role Play :P

But yeah, thank you @oracle_of_delphi for the awesome request! Byeeeeee!