The Blood of Olympus Analysis

The Decision has been decided. Here, I will post my analysis of BoO, but after this, I'll go back to jokes and stuff. Whether it's fortunate or unfortunate, my electronic devices have been acting up lately, so I haven't been able to get on Wattpad that much, but I hope that in the time I was gone all you people out there have finished the book so you won't be spoiled. I'll also try to make this not too lengthy for the sake of keeping your sanity. So, sit back and relax while listening to the sweet sound of my soul erupting and spilling forth emotions beyond human abilities.

~~~MAJOR SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK YET, THEN WHAT THE HADES ARE YOU DOING?! GET OUT OF HERE! I MEAN IT!~~~

Dang it this book killed me.

I just- it hurt. A lot. I adored the growth and development of each character, and loved how they all interacted with each other. We got to see Percy and Leo, Piper and Annabeth, Nico and Reyna (and Hedge), and a ton of new minor characters! The gods played a big role too, even if they're still jerks (Zeus...). Rick tweeted some time ago that The Blood of Olympus was going to be a big wrap-up, and I could not agree more. Gosh, it was awesome.

If there was one word to describe this book, it would probably be "explosive". That's what happened to my heart. The book ended with a massive BANG! (as did Octavian) and left me sighing with joy. I loved how we got to see Piper and Reyna kick butt, Nico come to terms with himself,,,,,, ya know, this is gonna be too long. I'll just list the stuff.

~The cool Thalia/Reyna interaction, along with Hylla. I just KNEW the Hunters of Artemis and the Amazons would combine or something, and then both help out with the war. I just really wish the Party Ponies would have done something too. Those guys are hilarious.

~The interactions with the seven. We got to see groups we haven't seen much of: Percy and Leo, Piper and Frank, Piper and Annabeth. It really brought them together.

~CAN I JUST MENTION HOW MUCH I LOVE SOLANGELO? I JUST WANNA WRITE DOWN THEIR WHOLE RELATIONSHIP. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.

~The awkward moments: Nico and Hades's little chat, Frank, Hazel and Leo's hug, Coach Hedge doing street performances, Frank banging his head on the door when Nico said Nico would be the flower boy at Frazel's wedding, Percy blowing up the toilets..... There are too many for me to name, guys.

~Baby Chuck. Awww.

~The very last and final chapter. Gosh, I could barely focus on the chapters leading up to it because of Leo's traumatic death. But man, I loved how Riordan found a way for Caleo to work, and Festus... *long sigh* I can't wait to see everyone react when Leo rides in to Camp Half-Blood like "Yo, sorry I'm late."

~Jason getting knocked out so much he had to get glasses to improve his vision.

~THE PERCABETH "I LOVE YOU" MOMENT MADE ME HAVE TO PUT DOWN THE BOOK AND SCREECH

~ When Nico exploded on Bryce. It was freaky, but awesome and it showed just how I-dun-take-nuthin Nico is.

~ Gahhhhh the Lost Trio moments were magical and really brought the book full circle. Sure, I would have liked some Frank and Hazel or Percy and Annabeth chapters, but they wouldn't have been super relevant to the storyline. It was cool to see them all together again, though.

~ THE OTHER FANDOM REFERENCES BLEW ME AWAY

~ WHEN NICO ADMITS HIS CRUSH ON PERCY AND THEN PERCY GETS CONFUSED LIKE "Wait why doesn't he like me? Is there something wrong with me?" AND ANNABETH FREAKING HIGH-FIVES NICO MY FEELS IMPLODED WITH HAPPINESS

And here's a few I didn't like, or was unsure about. I'm not hating though; I really enjoyed the book!

~ Percy's "big-sacrifice" wasn't what I thought it would be. Everyone kept saying "Oh yeah, Perseus Jackson is going to make this huge decision that's gonna change the world", but it wasn't as tremendous as I thought it would be. But, at lease our hero didn't have to suffer!

~ Octavian's death made me feel a little sick. Don't get me wrong, I hate Octavian, but it was just really unnerving.

~ So wait, what happened to Caleo after they sailed away...? Eh. The open ending was cool and , but I usually like mine to be wrapped up. Idk, it's just usually how I like to read it. But it's also so mind-blowing how Rick can write an ending that can fit in with what the reader wants to imagine. I was really impressed.

~~~

Now I can't believe it's over. I'll admit that when I first read the entire book, I didn't feel too satisfied. But the longer I thought about it, and when I reread it, I began to love the book more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and MORE.

I said more so much it doesn't even sound like a word anymore LOL.

Back on topic: BoO was awesome. Send me in your feelings and thoughts over it, and heck, even PM me. It's always nice to hear all sides of stuff.
I might, no, I will add more things to these lists, so be on the watch for updates. Sorry I was gone so long! I hope you guys are coping. I have a billion tons of joke ideas, so BRACE YOURSELVES.

Have a tremendously amazhang day. Adios!