Flashback

Jamar's pov

-Flashback-

"So all we gotta do is..." he explains how we're gonna take the money again. "No one gets hurt."

"I know nigga. How many times you gotta say it." I smack my teeth. "Like I'm fucking deaf."

"I'm just making sure you know what we supposed to be doing. Just-"

I show him my piece. "Say it one more time."

"Calm yo ass down Mar."

"Nah cause you fucking blowing me." I opened his car door and walked out. Theo's been my manz since Elementary but he acts stupid sometimes. He's fat, street smart, and he's good with the ladies. But he's talking to much.

"Yo." I yelled as I entered my apartment. Nba Youngboy blasted from the speakers of my little brother's room. "Why is it so loud?"

"Huh?" He turned down the music.

"Turn that shit down."

"Fuck you." He throws his shoes at me. I bite my lips boutta throw the shoe back. Then I held it in my hands. He stared at me.

"Turn it down or im creasing them" Joaquin smacks his teeth and turns it down. I huff and throw it as hard as I can at him. He bends down just in time then turns to laugh at me. I close his door and walk to my room.

Tomorrow can go two ways. Either we get the money and no one knows who we are. Get away with it.

We both go to jail. There's no in between. I took my piece out of my pants and put on my desk.

We need the money. With no dad and a crackhead moms, I have to provide for Joaquin and I. There's very little jobs 13 year old can get out here.

Our mom is never home. She's not even a mom. She's just the lady that gave birth to us. I provide for this family. I pay rent. I pay for the close on his back. Me. I don't want Joaquin in the streets cause I know he's not that type of kid.

Im street smart. He's book smart. This isn't the life I want for him. I want him to be someone and if that means he has to do it on my back. It is what it is. I need him to make something of himself cause god knows the rest of us didn't.