31

*Lewis' pov*

I stare at the number Zion gave me. This is so illegal. I could snitch on them right now. What is stopping me? Is it the fact that I still love Jamar? Is it the fact that Zion is my friend? They're inmates Lewis. But inmates are people too. Maybe it's the fact that I know they get more time and I want Jamar to see Joaquin?

Continue to stare at the piece of paper. I felt weight against the sofa pillow then fall next to me.
"What's that?"

I balled up the paper and looked at him.

"What's that?" I Point to the stain on his shirt.

"Ketchup." I laugh.

"Do you know where you mouth is?"

"Leave me alone."

"Oh? Ok then I guess I gotta look under the microscope by myself." I stood up and shove the number in my pocket.

"Noo, im coming." Joaquin stands up and follows close behind me.

"So what type of blood we learning about today?"

"AB+"

"AB+?" Excitement covered his face. "You mean one of the rarest blood type of all." I nod. I have him the test tube with AB+ and he grabbed a dropper and put it in the disk and  under the microscope.

"Woah. He switched lens and asked questions. "Isn't it less that 4% that have AB+"

"Yeah."

"This is so tough."

After teach him about AB+, I decided to go to sleep. He stayed and continued forming different experiments like what blood type would you get if you mixed 2 different types. He's a smart boy and seems to be interested in anatomy and basketball.

Too bad his brothers are not out here to encourage him. The real question is would they encourage him to do the right things? Imbeciles, the two of them.

Why does Jamar have to be so sweet? I wish he could've told me he wasn't into me. Then he thinks you wouldn't have taken care of Joaquin. I'm not sure if it the trust but I'm glad I don't regret a thing.

It's just, why would he play me like that. I trusted him. I believed every lie. It didn't feel like a lie. But that must've been a good act for you to kiss a man and pretend to enjoy it. Even got Connor fired for me. I owe him a conversation for him to explain what Jamil was talking about.

I stood up and went in my jean's pocket. Only to find that the number wasn't there. I walked into the science room and the paper was laying flat next to the microscope.

I picked it up and went to my room. I grabbed my phone and texted the number
'Jamar, it's Lewis.' There was a quick response

'Lewis, where's Joaquin?' I thought he wanted to talk about us but Jamil was right. I left him in the science room.

OH NO! The paper was laying next to the microscope, where Joaquin was. I went around the house calling his name. There was no answer. My heart started pounding and I started shaking.

'He's not here.' After a minute, there was a ding on my phone.

'I knew it. A number text me before yours and I thought it was you.'

I grabbed my keys and left the house