7

Lewis' pov

Finally got my patient stable from a stab wound. I hate when this happen but hey this is what I signed up for.

"Are you ready for rounds?" My coworker asks me "never gets any easier does it?" He rubs my butt while walking past. I hate working with him. Hopefully my new assistant will be a big help.

I take my pack and make my way up to the blocks that were involved in the brawl. I check each inmate individually. Some had more cuts and scrapes than the rest but I patched them up.

"When you gonna let my hit Doc?" Inmate Maury says. "They don't call this cell block D For no reason. He smiles and bites his lip. I  chuckle.

"So I guess you don't belong here then." I smile. Everyone ooos and laughs including Maury.

I went to the next Cell and saw inmate Leon and Jamar. Since Leon was on the bottom bunk. I checked him first.
"I'm fine. I wasn't in the fight." Jamar insists

"You want to tell your jaw that." I smiled. He jump down and un tightened his muscles. He was taller than me. His smooth skin shining under the lights. I touched his jaw and of course he didn't flinch.

"How's Zion?"

"Wh-" I was taken off guard by his question. Didn't know they were friends. "He's fine." He released the breathe was holding in.

"Is there a way I could see him?" I think it's nice that he would like to visit his friend

"Maybe; if you had a job in the infirmary."

"Yes how do I get that?" He became alert.

"You talk to the chief about it. Maybe the fact that weren't in the fight with help you chances." I smile. He nods.

"Good looks." My eyebrows arch out of confusion. He noticed. "Thank you."

"Your welcome Jamar." I smile against I didn't mean to make that come out so seductive. I didn't realize it until after I closed the cell doors.