13

Jamar's pov

"There was another fight. A and D block." Guards explain bringing 2 over on each side. One happen to be Jamil.

"Jamar I need gauze and ice pack." I quickly rain into the closet where Raymond was.

"I don't know where anything is."

"What do you need?"

"He needs a syringe." I ran and gave him the syringe. I grab 2 gauze and 4 ice packs and leave. I gave Conner the things he needed.

"But you'll be just fine."

"Thanks doc." Connor raps the gauze around Jamil's arm and put an ice pack on the bruise. "Thanks again.

After Conner left to take care of the other patient.
"I know you know when dusty is making a move on me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Man quit trying to protect them niggas."

"What are you saying? Didn't I say I wanted to be left out of all this stupid shit?"

"Ahh I see you already caught up in their gang." He slowly nods."but we brothers."

"We ain't" I get closer "shit. You ain't nothing to me. You were never there for me."

"I ain't shit right? So don't get surprised when I turn my back on you when you get caught in the cross fire and need help." He stands up and walks out the infirmary.

'Move On you?' Kept playing in my head. Then I remembered the two guys that walked past my cell that day
Flashback
"Aye so Dust said it's about to go down in March.."

"He always says that shit to scare J's block."

"Exactly so this time when we actually do it, they'll think we bullshittin."
Back to present.

Now I know what's going on. There's about to be a big fight and I'm not trying to get caught up in that.

This is so childish bro. Just do your time and keep it moving. Tf? How much time does Jamil have left? What is he even here in for? At this point, He's just going to stay in jail.

I looked across the room to Raymond and Lewis and they inject the guy with something to put him to sleep.

He stayed still for about a minute until he started jumping and shit. His whole body was just shaking.
"Hold his arms down." Lewis said to Raymond. I ran over and helped hold down his leg. Connor ran and did the same.

"I need the wood." Lewis pointed across the room. I turned and saw some guy running out of the room with something in his hands. I didn't even think about it, quickly jumped on him.

"Fuck you doing nigga?" . I seen this man before, he runs with Jamil.

"What's going on?" Connor comes over and pulls me off of him. "Officer!" He yells. I thought Connor was gonna take the pills but he shoved him. What type of crooked shit is going on?

"We see what side you really on" He scoffs and runs away before the opps came. I'm on no one side. I'm on Jamar's side.

Finally everything had calmed down. I just sat with my head in my hands. How could I make such stupid decisions? I was free one day and behind bars the next. This place is so fucked up.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me. But I just wanted to say thank you for catching him.." I nod him a welcome. "This would happen today out of all days." I mumble.

"And what supposed to happen today?"

"Nothing. I" He pauses. "I had a date." I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. "But I had to cancel. Now we have to file the incident. That's gonna go on his record.. you know." He shrugs.

"I don't know. Maybe that's a sign."

"I didn't take you for a person who believes in signs."

"Me neither." We both laugh. Before y'all go a He he ha ha like jackles. I'm not looking at him like that. He's a man and so am I.