6

Jamar's pov

I laid on my back with the back of my head on my palms. I wonder what beef people got with me. "Everyone here was new to prison at one point so this ain't even fair." I told Zion.

"I already told yo ass."

"This is Prison." I mock him. "I know but I didn't even do anything."

"You had to have done something."

"I didn't any of these people outside. I didn't do nothing to no one."

"What y'all niggas in here talking bout?" My cell mate wakes in with snacks I haven't seen since I got locked up. How'd he get that?

"Nothing." Zion says. He better be lucky Zion answered cause we would've been fighting if I answered. Why is it his business?

"Mm.." he walks out the cell.

"How he get cheetos?"

"Commissary nigga."

"What's that?"

"So people on the outside has to put money in your books to buy special shit?"

"Damn. I ain't got nobody on the outside."

"People work for it too.." I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What type of jobs do they have in prison?" Before he could tell me the jobs. There was buzzing.

"Yard time!" Some gaurd yells. We all line up and made our way out to outside. I actually liked it when we go outside. Me and Zion were winning in a game of spades against the other block.

We sat on the bleachers talking. So guys came up talking to me indirectly.
"J, we making the move on Dusty. He doesn't have protection on him right now." They still spoke to me looking in his direction. What are they talking about?

"What?" They smacked their teeth and looked at me then to each other.

"Don't say shit." I slowly nod. Who did they think I was? They walked off. I looked over at Dusty who was looking at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead. If he wanna fight. I ain't no bitch.

"Aye yo." Zion slowly tapped my shoulder. Dusty still looked me in my soul. I'm not backing down. I ain't scared of nobody"Aye! He slapped me harder. What does this nigga want?

"What nig-" I look at him and he's looking in a different direction. I follow his eyes. I stopped breathing. I was speechless. Stuck. The eyes stared back at me.

It was Jamil. My brother.

He started running towards me

He started running towards me. I'm too stuck to even realize what happening right now. It been 7 years since I've seen him. He just disappeared when I was 15. I almost forgot about him.

He gets closer and memories flood of when it was the 3 of us and we'd be chilling, shopping and shit. I hid those memories far away that why I forgot.

He ran up and I felt something connect with my jaw. After my head flew back, I came to my senses but I stood up. I don't know why my body wasn't fighting him back but I was stuck.

Zion stood up and punched him in his face. Then they got to fighting. Then Dusty's crew came and started fighting off Jamil but then Jamil's crew came. It was big ass brawl. I just stood on the bleachers still stuck.

What was my brother doing here? In prison? Why? The opps broke it up but when they split. I saw Zion on the ground coughing up blood.

I jumped off and ran to him.
"You good bro?" I ask. What a stupid question. Last time I seen this much blood was- I felt my hands go in cuffs as they dragged me away.