33

*Lewis' pov*

We're at court right now. Because the 5 of us had nothing to do with the Riot, same and I went home. Jamil has had all charges dropped because it was self defense. Zion has 1 year left in jail and Jamar is on probation and 175 hours community service.

I began to cry. Joaquin stared at me.
"Why are you crying?"

"Because you brother gets to come home?"

"Are you guys a thing?"

"That's something you need to talk to him about." Joaquin nods and we walk out the court room.

"Hey Eva. Wassup Brandy?" Joaquin greets a mom and her daughter. "Lewis, this is Jamil's wife and daughter. Eva and Brandy." I shook her hand. "Eva this is my brother, Lewis." I was shocked by the title he'd given me.

"Brother?" I smile.

"Yeah."

"Joaquin told me you work in the prison. Were you there." I nod my head.

"It was terrifying. Then, Joaquin called us and told us everything that was going on and it got worse."

"I know it had to be because I was at home biting my nail and shaking. The thought of losing Jamil is a feeling I never want a to feel again. He maybe hard headed and stubborn but that's my first and last love."

I'm not completely okay with the fact that Jamil is related to Jamar. In fact I hate it. I do but I love Jamar so if I gotta deal with Jamil, it something I gotta do.

I know he's changing but all this shit started cause of him. Down to the riot. Of course imma try my best to get along with him but put yourself in my shoes. It's a little difficult.

Jamar and Jamil walked down the court's steps and it was beautiful. I hugged the life out of Jamar. This is my man. I finally get to be with my Mann. I get to live my fantasy.

I love being in his presence and talking to him. He's everything. He went in for a kiss but I stopped that and nudged my head toward Joaquin. He ran over to him and picked him up.

"Damn I love you boy." Jamil waked over to them and joined the hug. Eva was crying and I just was so grateful to be witnessing this. I wish Zion was here to see it too. He might even start crying.

"Can we go get some food?" Joaquin says as he get squished. They put him down and we separate. Eva, Jamil, Brandy, in one car. Joaquin, Jamar, and I in my car.

Jamar reaches over to grab my hand and I pull it away. He stares at me in confusion. I dart my eyes to Joaquin in the back seat, who's watching the whole thing.

"So are you guys a thing?"

"Ask Lewis."

"He said ask you." I sigh. I don't know how he's gonna react

"We are a thing." I chuckle. "I'm not gay, like I'm interested in multiple men. I just love Lewis."

"I would've never thought. I mean I've never seen you with a female but I never pictured your angry as-" Jamar's turns to the back seat.

"Watch your mouth" Jamar and I say in unison.

"That's why I was gonna say self. Angry self being with a guy. Let alone Lewis. The nicest guy I know.

"Aww thank you." I smile.

"Who do you think get angrier quicker Jamil or Jamar?"

"Hmm" Joaquin thinks "Jamar."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Jamar is the angriest, Jamil is the meanest, and I'm the most Curious" that's actually a fact, I thought as a shrug in agreement. Jamar gets so mad so quickly, there's no time for an explanation.

"But I'm working on it. Okay assholes?" At the red light. I look back at Joaquin and we sarcastically nod.

"Okay."

I notice Eva turning into a parking lot. I park next to hers. I've never been here but I love trying new things.

"Can I talk to you Lewis?" Jamil taps my arm. Everyone else heads inside and I'm stuck outside with Jamil.

"Jamil?"

"Look I was to apologize for everything I've put you through. I want to be a better husband, better father, and better brother. Bare with me. I was a dick head but I'm changing. I am really sorry for the things I've done. I understand if you don't for-"

"I do." I interrupted him. "This was a big move to pull me to the side and apologize. Up until this very conversation, I thought you were Satin." We shared a small laugh "But you did what you did to protect your brother. I get it. I understand. I appreciate your apology."

We hugged it out.

"Get y'all asses in here." Jamar calls us in the restaurant.